"Hey, you. Not in the mood for a party?", Izzy pouted, admittedly curious as to why Maze had been investigating the situation from above, but the snort she got in response insisted that it had been justified.

"Always. I was just watching... her", she lifted an eyebrow, eyes glancing over to someone else, and although Izzy confirmed with a look of her own, she already suspected she was talking about Charlotte. "I don't trust her", Maze added and downed the shot that the bartender had automatically delivered to them, and following suit, Izzy grabbed her own small glass and knocked it back.

"Yeah, me either. I don't say this lightly, I promise, but she seems like a bitch", Izzy admitted out loud, while grimacing at the burn in her throat, not sure what was causing her to be so blunt, but the genuine laughter she heard from Maze was definitely worth the candor. Heart fluttering, Izzy let her eyes drift back to her, unable to ignore the heat radiating from Maze's body or the pressure that still lingered on her thigh from where the dark-haired woman's soft fingertips had trailed off. With the sudden soar of bravery, Izzy placed a gentle touch on Maze's arm on top of the bar counter, earning a pair of intent eyes on her, but she no longer cowered from it. She wasn't intimidated by her — she was growing comfortable, and concluding from the twitch of her lips, so was Mazikeen. And there wasn't a better feeling.

"Lucifer may be a little hesitant to accept the help, but it's a good thing what you're doing. Looking after him. He's lucky to have a friend like you", Izzy shared her thoughts, pursing her lips together as she gazed at Maze, enthralled by her long eyelashes and the affection shining behind them. Once Mazikeen had reacted with a slow nod to quietly thank Izzy for the recognition she truly deserved more of, the redhead let go and cleared her throat while grabbing another shot from the counter and downing it courageously. "Anyway, um, the other night when I asked you out", she coughed, "I realized that... it wasn't really... us, so I came up with something else. If you want to?", hoping for the best and prepared for the worst.

Instantly intrigued, the softness on Maze's features hardened into wicked curiosity and she leaned towards Izzy with a cocked eyebrow. "What did you have in mind?", her tongue swept across her bottom lip briefly, ever the seductress that played tricks on Izzy's head and heart.

Once she just remembered what she had been about to say, Izzy gestured at the bartender and the empty shot glasses to order more. "Well, we ask each other questions and drink. In the original game, if you don't want to answer the question, your punishment is a drink but since I know that for you, it wouldn't really be a punishment, I'll switch it up. I still have to drink if I don't want to answer, but you get a drink if you do answer", Izzy rambled on, hauling all the delivered drinks closer to them, not noticing the amused but fond stare being directed at her. Until, of course, she turned around with a hesitant look. "Is that too complicated?", she frowned, but Maze didn't give her time to question herself.

"No", the demon shook her head, placing a hand on Izzy's. "It sounds fun. You can ask me first", she reassured with a smirk and a casual shrug, probably too confident in her ability to answer everything, but Isadora liked the challenge.

"Okay. Let's start easy, when's your birthday?", she eyed Maze, who scoffed, a cocky smile on her lips.

"Don't have one. I was forged in Hell, they don't really do cake and balloons there", she replied nonchalantly, and while Izzy wasn't sure whether to be amused or insulted by her unwillingness to share such a minor detail, she laughed and drew one of the glasses away from Maze.

"Nope, that's not an answer. Everyone has a birthday, Maze. For example, mine is on the 27th of May. Better write that down", she warned teasingly, and no doubt, the demon was quickly making a mental note — she had a good memory, and remembering Izzy's birthday seemed important. It was strange for her, really, because she deemed it trivial and irrelevant with everyone else. But with Izzy, she wanted to know everything.

SOME KIND OF HEAVEN ↝ Mazikeenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें