Ch 11| Defense

[Camreigh]

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Holy. Shit.

I cannot believe that just happened. Not even in my wildest dreams would I have believed that I would've kissed Olivia Downey.  Well, that she would've initiated it.  Was this a dream?!? If it was please NEVER wake me up.

Seriously. Ever.

~.~.~.~.~
The goaltender stormed out of the bathroom and I was left out of breath. I was a mess but, a good kind of mess. My mind was racing as was my heart. Did that just happen?!? Is this real life?!? Someone please pinch me I must be dreaming.

I walked out of the bathroom once I calmed myself down somewhat and looked at the scoreboard. It was now 3-2. I wondered who scored but, it really didn't matter since I couldn't play.  I was happy for my team even though my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Olivia.  I looked towards the bleachers to see if she was over there but, she wasn't anywhere in sight.

I must've dreamt it. 

Coach had sent me over to check on his daughter after she got red carded. To find out what was up.  She had been acting weird all day so, I was actually kind of curious to see what was going on with her. I just didn't expect what happened at all. I'm still in disbelief.

Kissing Olivia Downey was indescribable. It was magical and left my lips tingling from the sensation. It was over way too quick for my liking and judging by the way she stormed out of the bathroom she probably didn't believe it happened either.

Or maybe she... Maybe she regretted it?

I sure hoped not. I just wanted to kiss her lips all day. Now that I had one taste they were like a drug and I just had my first high. I needed more, I needed another fix or else I would soon be faced with withdrawal.

I went over to the sidelines of the field where a few players were sitting on the bench and coach was running up and down the sidelines. He was screaming at Hayden, "MAN ON!" She had a break away and one of the other players was rushing up behind her.  She was about to shoot on net when the other player tripped her right in the goalie's box.  Penalty shot.

"WHAT THE FUCK ZOEY!" Their goaltender screamed and I couldn't help but, laugh at their misfortune. 

Hayden scored the goal and we were now tied 3 to 3 with 22:37 left to go in the half. I spotted Olivia walking around the parking lot. She was looking down at the ground kicking rocks. Oh gosh. She regretted it.  My heart sunk. It was too good to be true.

I couldn't decide whether or not to approach her. I really wanted to but, the look on her face told me that I should just leave it alone.  I sat down on the bench stuck in my own thoughts. Honestly trying to process everything that happened.  Suddenly I heard screaming, I looked up and our team was surrounding Hannah jumping up and down on the field. She had made a goal, giving us the lead and only 5 more minutes left in the game.  Hopefully it didn't go into overtime.

~.~.~.~.~
The whistle was blown and we all hustled over to Coach. We had won our scrimmage on Friday thanks to Hannah's goal.  I was also now cleared by Dr. Peterson for practice.  It was Tuesday and I still hadn't talked to Olivia about the kiss or really much in general.  It seemed as though she did a good job at avoiding me and only spoke to me when she had too.

I knew she regretted it and I was dealing with the hurt myself but, it still wasn't fun to be ignored. Like I didn't even matter in the first place. She seemed overwhelmed at the time and I should have known it. Sadly, little me thought I actually stood a chance with the goaltender. Boy was I wrong.