Ch 1| The Striker

[Camriegh]

Summer was essentially over and I was only slightly disappointed with its departure.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love summer just as much as the next 16 year old but, there's one thing missing.  My one and only true love; soccer.  Fall is the best season for that reason and that reason alone.  Not for the pumpkin spiced shit or the UGG's that most girls couldn't wait to wear.

Sure I could play soccer anytime of the year, including summer, which I did; its just not the same.  There is a total difference between a summer league and the actual season.  Ask any soccer player and I'm sure they'd tell you the same. It's just way more intense which is what I prefer.

"Cam what ones?"  My mom asked for the umpteenth time since we've been in Dick's Sporting Goods.  I just couldn't decide between the orange and gray Nike cleats or the lime green Adidas that were sitting in my lap.  They both looked sexy as hell which made my choice that much more difficult. 

I could tell that she was getting impatient by the way she was tapping her foot and the fact that she had asked me to make a decision for the last 25 minutes or so.  It still didn't make the decision any easier for me since I felt as though I was under pressure.

I was weighing the pros and cons yet again when Liz spoke up, "you should get the lime green ones."  I smirked, finally making my selection, "I'm going with the orange Nike's."  My mom gave me a look of relief since we still had so much to do whereas my older sister scoffed about my decision. 

As a little sister it's my job to annoy the shit out of her, which is basically why I went against her suggestion.  Plus orange is as close as I'm going to get to red cleats because they never make red ones for girls. I mean, unless you special order them and were not rich so that wasn't going to happen.

Liz dragged me into Victoria's Secret as our mom was paying for whatever we had gotten at Dick's. I didn't know the first thing about being girly so, this store was pretty much foreign to me. She threw me a matching laced set and told me to go try it on.

"Try on underwear that's fucking gross," I stated giving her a look of disgust.

She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, "not the underwear idiot, the bra. You're definitely a small in the underwear." I stuck my tongue out to her before reluctantly finding the fitting room.

Some girl let me in so I could try it on. It didn't look too bad and fit just right. I usually got sport bras so this was a definite change of pace.

"How'd it fit?" She asked as I walked out of the dressing room. I gave her a thumbs up signaling that she had picked out the right size apparently. "Did you like it?" "Yeah, it was comfortable," I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what else to say.

It was cute and I knew I was getting it because if I even tried to put it back Liz would've just grabbed it again. Our mom met us in Victoria's Secret and we sat waiting for Liz to finish up so she could pay for everything.

We went into a few more stores throughout the mall to get the final things my sister and I needed for school before heading over to Laura's Salon. We've been going to Laura's to get our hair cut since I was a baby and although I didn't need my hair cut, I was still forced to go.

"Mom we have to hurry up," I whined stomping my feet like the 5 year old I sometimes think I am. There was a sports meeting at 4:00 to meet the new coach and it was already 3:37. "Shut up," Liz groaned out as Sarah finished her hair, "if you didn't take 5 hours to pick out a pair of cleats."