Chapter 6

"Dean?!?" Castiel yelled, a horrified tone to his voice. "Dean, please!"

Cas could hear Dean running down the stairs as fast as he could.

"What? What is it? Are you okay?" His tensed body relaxing some when he saw Cas was just sitting on the couch with his laptop.

"No, Dean. I'm not okay! Someone took pictures of us at the grocery store!" Dean's eyes went wide. "What?!"

"Look! They're all over the internet!" Dean looked at the screen, frowning when he saw a picture of him and Cas, standing really close while looking at the bread aisle. He scrolled, seeing another picture of Cas holding Colton and Dean was leaning over his shoulder to tickle the baby.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. We're screwed! Everyone knows now! Cas, I'm so sorry! I mean, I guess it's good because now we don't have to hide but-"

"No, Dean! Everything I wanted has gone right down the drain! My nice, private life is gone!" Cas yelled, setting the computer on the table.

"Cas, calm down." Dean said quietly, trying to refrain from fighting with his husband. "No! I can't "calm down!" Dean, you have to do something! Tell people it's not what it looks like!" Dean frowned.

"Cas, it's beyond fixing at this point. It's obvious in those pictures that we're together. There's no question about it!" Dean said, his volume rising with every word.

"Oh, so, you're not even gonna try! You're not even gonna attempt to make this better, to respect my wishes?" He paused, his voice quieting down. "Good to know."

And with that, Cas walked right out of the front door, climbing in his car and driving off.

~~~

He arrived at the cliff where they had their first kiss, looking to the left and seeing the dark haired man. Dean climbed out of his car, walking over to the man, tears falling from his eyes.

"Cas, I'm really sorry."

"Whatever, Dean. Just- I need some time to adjust, okay?" Castiel whispered, pulling his knees closer to his chest.

"I checked Twitter. No one knows it was you. They know I'm with a man but they don't know it's you. Your back was turned in every picture. Now people are just wondering who this mysterious man is." He waited for a response from Cas but one never came from him.

"So you aren't even gonna talk to me? C'mon, Cas. Our anniversary is tomorrow. Let's not get in a fight. Please. I beg you to say something."

Cas just sat there, crying.

"Okay, Castiel."

That got his attention. The dark haired man snapped his head up, looking at Dean who had started walking back to his car.

"Dean!" Cas yelled, tears falling faster. He was definitely overreacting and he knew that but he was a stubborn son of a bitch and so was Dean. Neither of them wanted to admit that they were wrong but when Dean used his full name, he knew his husband was upset.

Dean drove off and Cas felt his world fall apart around him. Hell, their anniversary was the next day and Cas had royally fucked up. And he knew that.

~~~

Okay I know that that was really short but I wanted to leave this on a cliffhanger. Sorry Ayana...