Chapter 3

Okay, Spnfangurl13 I'm sorry it took so long but here it is and hope you enjoy it because you've been so patiently waiting for this today...

"Dean! Can you come here? I need help!" Cas yelled from the kitchen. He didn't actually need help with anything, he had a surprise for Dean.

"Yeah, what's up, Cas?" Dean said, walking into the kitchen. "I just need some input." He paused, grabbed some oven mitts and reaching into the oven. "Does this pie look okay?"

Dean's eyes lit up at the mention of pie and he immediately nodded. He walked over grabbing a fork from the drawer and smiling. "Yes. Yes, it looks great. It's pecan of course it's gonna be great!" Cas chuckled, setting the pie down on the counter before pulling off the oven mitts and walking over to Dean.

"It has to cool off first." He whispered, pulling the fork from Dean's hand and placing it on the counter. Cas grabbed his husband's hand, pulling the frowning man towards the couch. Dean cooperated, but still pouted. He yelped as Cas yanked him down onto the couch, and Cas laughed at him.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" He said, releasing Cas' hand and crossing his arms over his chest. Cas just laughed more. "I'm sorry. It's really hard. You're acting like a two year old." Dean's face went to a smile. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

They sat there for twenty minutes before finally getting up and eating pie.

~~~

"Cas, please." Castiel turned around to face his husband. "Dean. No. I've told you many times, I don't want to be in the media."

"But-"

"No buts, Dean. End of discussion." He snapped, walking towards the bedroom. "Cas! I'm sorry, okay. It's just- It gets tiring not being able to walk around with you in public and if we do I have to wear hats and baggy clothes. I just wanna be able to love you outside of the privacy of our own home."

Cas gave a small smile. "I know, Dean. I do too but I'd rather keep my privacy and not get bombarded by your fans everywhere I go." Dean groaned. "I know that. I just wish there was another way." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around Cas and pulling him onto the bed. Dean laid his head on Castiel's chest, feeling the rise and fall as the man breathed.

"I'm sorry, Dean." Dean picked his head up. "Sorry for what? Wanting privacy?" Cas shook his head. "Well.. yeah. But also I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I'm sorry." Dean's eyes turned apologetic and sad.

"Don't apologize. I shouldn't have pressed. You know, you didn't sign up for this. You shouldn't have to worry about getting cameras shoved in your face. So, I'm sorry." He whispered, looking down, tightening his arms around Cas.

Cas laughed.

Dean pulled his arms away from his husband, sitting up with an offended look on his face. "Why are you laughing?" He said, frowning at Castiel's smile. "It's.. it's just that we are so sappy. We're like a teenage couple again." He said, still letting out small laughs.

"Wow, Cas. Just wow." Dean teased, not being able to hold back his smile. Soon after he was laughing again. "What do you want to do on Saturday? It's our 10 year anniversary. How crazy is that? We've been together since you were were 17! I was 16!" Dean said after he contained his giggles and laid back down beside the dark haired man.

"Maybe we should go back to that diner we went to on our first date. You know, good memories. Or, we could go to the cliff." Dean smiled at the memories. "Or both. Dinner first then we could go to the cliff and stargaze. Let's be clichè. It's our 10 year, why not?"

They laughed again before eventually Dean had to get up and go to the studio. "Okay, love you, Dean. I'm gonna go ahead and go to the library and work a shift. Let Charlie and and Dorothy have some time together."

And with that, they got up and got dressed before leaving the house in their own vehicles.

~~~

The concert was going really well. Everyone was having fun singing and dancing and Dean was getting to the point of the concert where he sang a couple newer songs that hadn't been released yet or were recently released.

As soon as he started singing, Cas recognized as the song he sang in the shower. He hadn't heard it before other than that. He'd completely forgotten to ask about it. But Dean hadn't said anything about it either.

Castiel listened to the lyrics, hearing exactly why Dean hadn't said anything. This was a song about him.

Cas could feel the tears in his eyes and apparently Sam saw them too. "Cas, you good?" The blue eyed man nodded. "Yeah, Sam. I'm alright. This song is just really good." Sam cocked his head in confusion.

"It's just a song, Cas. No need to cry over it." Sam added with a chuckle. "No, it's about me. Just listen to the lyrics." Sam looked ahead, smiling as he pieced together what Dean was singing. "Oh. Makes sense. Anniversary present?" Cas shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe." He half yelled so the taller man could hear him.

Once Dean finished singing, Cas had so much trouble holding back his tears. "So, um, that song holds a very special place in my heart. It's about someone that I really, really care about. Um, can't give away too much but I just want to wish them a happy almost ten year anniversary because I've been with them since I was sixteen and it's been one helluva ride. I love you, okay?"

Dean said into his microphone blowing a kiss in Cas' general direction and Cas had to fight off tears so people didn't see him crying and automatically assume he was that special person.

Castiel knee Dean has to fight them too because he turned around and put a hand up to his face, playing it off by walking to his drummer and saying something to him.

"3,2,1!"

"Happy ten year anniversary to Dean and mystery person!"

It had to be at least half of the people there that said that, as if it were a pact. It wasn't because how could they possibly know about Dean's anniversary. It was actually a group of people in the crowd that had came up with the idea, and passed the message along to the people around them.

Cas couldn't hold back his tears any longer. He held his head down, luckily he was surrounded by people he knew and they blocked the rest of the crowd from seeing him. When he finally got himself under control and looked up at Dean who shot him a glance.

I love you too, Dean. Cas mouthed, a big smile on his face.