Chapter 2

Three weeks after the concert

"Cas," Dean whined, wanting his husband to get up off of the couch and shower with him.

"Dean. I already told you. I took a shower this morning." Dean groaned.

"So? Come take another one."

Castiel smiled, standing up. "How about this? You go take a shower, and I'll get dinner started since your family is supposed to be here in about an hour?" He said, straightening the AC/DC T-shirt he stole from Dean.

"Whatever. Fine, then. Be that way, see if I care." He stomped away and Cas chuckled, walking into the kitchen to prepare food.

He was currently debating between chicken or beef when he heard it. Dean was singing and he did that all the time, it was his job, but Cas had never heard this song before.

It was a love song, one that Cas knew was about him. The lyrics were beautiful, and Cas was close to tears.

Cas listened intently until Dean finished singing that song, moving on to one of his more popular ones, 'The Mark.' He pushed the song to the back of his mind, reminding himself to ask Dean about it later, and went back to the food.

He eventually chose chicken and decided to make some pan grilled chicken breast, salad and macaroni on the side.

He began to cook, smiling when he heard Dean walk in.

"Wow, babe. Smells really good. Whatcha making?" He asked, walking up behind Cas, wrapping his arms around the man's waist and trailing small kisses down his neck.

"I'm making dinner. Now go put on some nice clothes. People will start showing up any minute now." Dean pulled away, slapping Castiel's ass once before walking off and going upstairs.

Cas finished grilling the last piece of chicken, pulling it out of the pan and setting it on a plate. He stirred his boiling noodles, turning down the heat before walking upstairs to get changed. He pushed open the bedroom door to see Dean buttoning up his blue shirt.

"Hey. How's dinner going?" He asked, pulling a pair of khaki pants and a light pink button up out of the closet, handing them to Cas.

"Good. Just waiting for the noodles to finish. It's a lot of food but it should be enough to feed what, 10, people? Right?"

Dean nodded.

Cas quickly pulled on the clothing, pecking Dean's cheek and walking back towards the kitchen. He turned the stove all the way off, pulling the hot pot of water and noodles from the burner and carrying it to the sink, pouring it into the colander. He had just finished pouring out the last of the noodles and water when he heard the doorbell ring.

"Dean! Can you get the door, please?" He yelled, smiling as he heard Dean's feet quickly running down the stairs.

"Yeah, I got it." He said, walking towards the living area and pulling the front door open.

"Hey there, Sammy," he said, pulling his younger brother into a hug.

"Hey, Dee.Smells good, Cas!" Sam yelled, pulling away from Dean and giving Cas a thumbs up.

"Hey, you. How are you, Jess?" Dean asked, holding out his arms in an inviting manner.

"Oh, you know. The usual. Just a little nervous, I guess."

Dean smiled. Today was the day he would find out if he was gonna have a niece or a nephew.

Sam and Jess were both only 23 but they had a little one on the way and Dean was the most excited he'd been ever since he married Cas.

"Yeah, I can see why. I'm nervous and it's not even my kid." He chuckled, closing the door behind Jessica. Sam and Jess sat on the couch and Dean walked to the kitchen.

"Hey, need any help in here?" Dean asked as Castiel stirred the last of the cheese into the noodles.

"No, I think I'm okay. Just have to cut up some vegetables for a salad."

Dean nodded, walking up behind Cas and kissing the top of his head. "Okay. Well I'm gonna go outside and make sure the decorations are all good. Love you."

Cas smiled, waving to Dean. "Love you, too."

Forty minutes later and everyone had finally arrived.

Sam, Jess, Jo, Bobby, Ellen, Ash, and Jess' parents were all gathered in Dean and Cas' backyard, eating before the big reveal. The blue eyed man got a lot of compliments on how good his food was and everyone loved it.

When the last person, Jo, finished eating, Ellen went inside, grabbing a large carboard box, pink and blue splatters painted over the whole thing.

"Okay, parents-to-be, get your asses over here," she yelled, setting the box down in the middle of the yard before walking back to the table and grabbing her phone.

At this point, everyone had a phone or a camera out. Ellen and Jo had smug smiles on their faces because they were the only ones who knew what it was.

"Okay, y'all just have to open the box and the balloons will come up." Jo said, smiling. "

Sam nodded, squeezing his fiancée's hand before releasing it and grabbing one of the box flaps. Jessica grabbed the other and the countdown began.

"5!"
"4!"
"3!"
"2!"
"1!"

A single balloon rose from the box. Black.

A black balloon.

"Um, what?" Sam yelled, confused as Jo burst out laughing.

Ellen grabbed a sewing needle from her pocket, handing it to the only person who didn't have a camera out which was Dean. He carried it over to the couple, holding it out and Jess grabbed it. Sam reached his hand up, wrapping it around hers.

"Okay, if there is like, white confetti in this balloon I'm going to tackle someone." Sam joked, smiling.

"This time is for real, I promise." Ellen said, nodding. "Okay. It better be." Jess said, looking up at Sam. "3.. 2.. 1!"

They pushed the needle into the balloon, colored confetti flying everywhere.

It's blue. A boy. A little boy!

"IM GONNA HAVE A SON!" Sam yelled, wrapping his arms around Jess.

"Okay, Sammy. You're gonna kill me!" Jess said, her voice muffled.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just really excited!" He replied, his face going red. He pressed his lips to the blonde girl's and looked over at his family, a huge smile on his face.

Dean has his arms around Cas, most likely crying happy tears into his shoulder. Sam was crying, Jess was crying, Jessica's parents were crying. Everyone was crying, except for Ellen, Jo and Bobby.

"I'm gonna have a nephew!" Dean yelled, causing everyone to laugh.

(a/n please this is literally so bad i want to delete it lmao but people seem to enjoy it)