twenty-eight

"Kuroo! Hey I'm good, how about you?" I say standing up to go somewhere private. I take a glance at Tsukishima and he nods in understanding. I give him a smile and leave the room.

Tsukishima's pov~

Playing with the dogs, I start talking to them.

"Taindana-chan how is Shiruko? Hm? Does she take good care of you?" The dog tilts her head.
"Probably huh? She's nice isn't she?" My head turns to Chamu, "Now, you. Chamu-chan, what did she tell you when I came here? Hm? U-upo?"

The dogs instantly sit when I said the word.

"Woah! You made sit!" Shiruko's excited voice echos the room. "Awe you guys are such good girls, yes you are!" Her voice babies the dogs. Her eyes are sparkling and she has a bright smile on her face. I can feel heat raise from cheeks.

"What's the language?" I ask trying to cover my face.

"Tagalog." She replies.

"Like from the Philippines?" I tilt my head.

"Yeah, I'm filipino. You didn't know?" She asks still playing with the dogs, not making eye contact.

"No, that's pretty cool. Where are your parents?" I ask. Man this is like twenty questions.

"In Canada. I live by myself."

"Living by yourself at this age? Impressive. Any siblings?"

"Two. Brother and sister. Brother is in Canada going to college and sister is traveling."

"Hm.." I take a glance at the clock and I've been here a little past 30 minutes. "It's getting late, I better go."

"Okay, thanks for coming Tsukki! We should hang out more!" Her voice is bubbly. My cheeks are getting hot again.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow..." As I close the door, I say. "Short stack." I shut the door before she retaliates.

I arrive back home only to get a slap from my mom.

"Why are you home so late?!"

-

Shiruko's pov~

Ringringringring

"Moshi moshi" The voice answers.

"Hey, sorry about that Kuroo."

"Hey, no problem."

"Anyways, how are things? How's-" Our conversation went on throughout the night. Reminiscing on old memories and telling each other about new experiences. Thankfully I got done my homework earlier today or I wouldn't be able to chat with an old friend.

"Hey Shiruko, I gotta go okay? I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye pretty lady!" He says with a teasing tone. But before I could say good bye, he had already hung up. I start to blush as I processed what he said.

-

Walking to school with a skip in my step, I knew today was going to be a good day. boy was I wrong.