twelve

"Shiruko-san, yours is a little big don't you think?" Asks Sugawara.

"Yeah, I like it like this." I smirk a little. "I think I look cute." Oh geez, now that I said it, it sounds embarrassing. Ohmanohman. While panicking, I fail to see Sugawara-san explode red.

"Ye, Yeah! Yu, You do!" He laughs. Oh my goodness Kanaro you idiOT.

"Ah, I'm sorry Suga-san, I didn't mean to put you in that position. I just thought that maybe we were close enough that we can joke around but I can stop if you'd like." I say bowing, cheeks dusting pink.

"No, no Shiruko-chan, it's alright. You do you look cute. Thank you for saying we're close. Please, by all means, joke around!" He says laughing. I couldn't help it, I hugged him. He's just so cute! I shouldn't be saying that, him being my senpai and all but I can't help it. He seems taken aback from my sudden action but hugs me back and pats my head.

"Thank you Suga-san." I peel off the hug and smile at him. Oblivious to everything else, I failed to see the other boys furrow their brows when I hugged Sugawara.

Just then, the door slammed open and I saw Takeda-sensei. I see him in the halls sometimes. He was panting, oh! He fell. I rushed to him and quickly helped him up. He mutters a thank you and says, "I've set up a practice match with Aoba Johsai!" He exclaimed. Aoba Johsai? The powerhouse? "They said they'll play with only one condition, Kageyama has to play setter the whole game." Oh shi- How about Suguwara-senpai?

"I looked at Sugawara beside me and I lightly pat him on the back. I felt bad, he was the official setter after all.

-

A few hours of practicing past and it was finally time to leave. I changed, bid goodbye and started walking. I heard my name yelled. I turn and see who's voice it was. Hinata, behind him was the other first years. I waited for them to catch up.

The walk was silent. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't comfortable either. I walked in the front by myself, behind me was Yamaguchi and Tsukishima and behind them was Kageyama and Hinata. They talked to each other but kind of, a little bit ignored me? I don't know. We came across a cross on the road. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi bid a small goodbye and walked off into the left. I was alone with the other two. I kept walking in front while they walked behind me, mostly because the sidewalk only had enough room for two people. The road split one more time and Hinata bid Kageyama and I goodbye before we separated.

It was silent. It was awkward. I don't like that. Well, who else is going to break it?

"So, how do you feel about being setter the whole game?" I ask glancing at him. His bright blue eyes fill with confusion before turning into shock, then finally it softened a little.

"W-well, I feel pretty good, I guess. But I feel like i took Sugawara-san's position." He says rubbing the back of his neck looking away a little. Oh man, i picked the wrong topic.

"I'm sure he'll understand. Just do your best on court and try to make him proud." I say. Awkward silence fill the air again. For a minute or two it was like this.

"Do you know anyone fr-"

"Your receives are really go-"

We look at each other. A small giggle escapes from my lips. His eyes widen a bit and his lips turn into a small swiggle, his cheeks become a light red.

"Sorry."

"Sorry."  

I can't help it. I laugh. He becomes more flustered.

"I'm really sorry. Well anyways, I was going to ask you if you knew anybody at Aoba Johsai." I ask looking at him, tilting my head a little. It seems barely noticeable but his cheeks turn a little bit redder.

"Uh- um.." He clears his throat. "Y-yeah, I know a f-few."

"You know, I've heard about your old reputation... But I've seen you grow. Those people haven't. They'll probably think of you as a "King". Maybe do something unexpected. Something a King won't do, you know?" I look in his direction, only to be met with bright blue eyes staring back.

"Y-yeah, yeah, s-sure." He stutters, still staring at me.

"Well, it was really nice walking with you. I'll see you tomorrow Kageyama-kun." I give him a small smile before turning the corner.