two

After what happened yesterday, I swore never to go wondering around the school premises after school ends. The guy that I bumped into was the raven haired male I sat beside in science. Kageyama Tobio was his name, I think. Now I have to sit beside him again.

The bell rang as I was about to sit down beside Kageyama. I noticed that his head was down and I could hear faint snores. Was he sleeping? I took my pencil and poked him with the eraser top.

"H-Hey, Wake up! C-class is about to start!" I whispered. He would not budge. I sat back down defeated. I took out my things and started to read from the textbook until I heard mumbling from Kageyama.

"You're the one who...." I couldn't hear the rest. I inched a bit closer until I could hear him say, "You're the one who left all the balls in the gym." My cheeks reddened from embarrassment.

"S-sorry about that."

"What's your name?"

"Shiruko Kanaro, and yours?" I already knew his name but I thought it would be the politest thing to do.

"Kageyama Tobio."

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

"You t-"

"Good morning class! Pop quiz!"

Crap.

Damned pop quiz crap coming out of no where pissed me the fuck off, man. At least next class was English. Class 4 English. I sat behind a tall blonde haired guy and behind me was a brown haired guy with freckles on his face. The students were just chatting among themselves until the teacher came in and said, "Partner up!"

People immediately ran to each other, some squealing, some sharing a high five or fist bump and others just nodding and making eye contact with each other. I was the odd one out. I walked up to the teacher and told her that no one else was available to be my partner, she directed me to the blonde haired boy and the brown haired boy. They were the people I was sitting in the middle of.

"Hello! I'm Yamaguchi!" The brown haired one said with a twinkle in his eye.

"Hm." The blonde one hummed.

"Tsukki don't be rude. Introduce yourself."
Yamaguchi scolded.

"Tsukishima." The blonde one said without taking a glance at me.

"I'm Shiruko Kanaro. It's a pleasure to meet you both." I said with a small smile.

Yamaguchi smiled and Tsukishima glared.
This was going to be a long day.

Lunch break was heavenly. I was alone, no awkwardness, and no people. The rooftop was the best. I took out my bento and started eating. I heard some people chattering while going up the stairs. I couldn't help but be annoyed but ate nonetheless.

"Hey, did you hear that all volleyball teams require one female teammate now? Unless it's a girl's team then it would be a guy."

"Really? I wonder who it would be for the boy's team."

What? Volleyball teams now require one opposite gender in their team? I'm already stressed enough! I hope the boy's volleyball team don't find me. I've got one more class and I'm off to freedom.

This time in Math, I sat beside an orange haired boy who was doodling in his notebook. Small stick men and animals littered the page. I failed to see the doodles on the opposite page of of the other doodles. This side was littered with poorly drawn volleyballs and stick players. I snapped my head back to the board. Staring is not very polite.

"Excuse me, can I borrow your eraser?" The orange haired boy asked tapping my shoulder. He was short, but I was shorter. I handed him my eraser.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Hinata Shoyou. Yours?" he said erasing something on his paper.

"Shiruko Kanaro. Pleasure to meet you." I said that countless times today, I'm getting tired of it.

"So Shiruko-san, do you like volleyball?" he asks out of the blue. Then, without thinking, I blurt out, "Yeah I do. I used to be a libero, wing spiker and middle blocker when I was in junior high." I say then widening my eyes after processing what I had said.

"Really?! That's so cool!" he said a little too loudly.

"Hinata! Shiruko! Pay attention!"

Oh man I can't wait to get home.

"Shiruko-san can you come with me? I need to show you something."

"Sure."

Hinata led me to the gym building from yesterday. Oh no. He opened the door and I could see about 8 people practicing and one girl sitting at the bleachers with a clip board.

"Suga-san!"

"Hinata?" A gray haired boy with a small beauty mark underneath his left eye looked at Hinata and tilted his head.

"You aren't supposed to be here until Saturday."

"But Suga-san, I found the girl playing for our team!"

What? I couldn't believe was happening.

"W-w-wha-" I started to protest but I was cut off by a tall, brown haired male cut me off.

"Really?! Where's she?!" I frowned at that. I may be 5'1 but I'm not that short.

"Umm, I'm right here." I said raising my hand. Both males directed their head down to me.

"Sorry!" Both if them said at the same time.

"It's fine! Really! I get used to it." My cheeks started to get hot.

"I'm Sugawara Koushi." the silver haired one said.

"Suwamura Daichi." The brown haired one said and at the same time, they bowed.

"My name's Shiruko Kanaro. It's a pleasure to meet both of you." I bowed to them.

"HEY HEY HEY. WHO DO WE HAVE HERE?" A bald guy shouted. I widened my eyes and instinctively went behind Sugawara.

"Tanaka! Stop it! You're scaring her!"

"Ahh! Sorry!" I bowed at Sugawara apologetically.

"It's fine, everyone gets scared by Tanaka at first meeting."

"So you're the girl joining us?" Tanaka asked changing his mood completely.

"I'm n-" I started to say.

"Yeah! She's the one joining us!" Hinata cut me off.

"Right Shiruko-chan?" I'm panicking that if I say the wrong thing I'll-

"Yeah!" What?!! Stupid brain! What the fuck dude?!

"Then We'll see you on Saturday!"

I could not believe what just happend!

"Arigato, Sugawara-kun. Suwamara-kun. I hope I will be some kind of help to the team." I bowed. I can't deny my love for volleyball. I want to do this. Whatever happens, happens. I refuse to stop playing volleyball. This is the perfect opportunity to finally play again, and I'm not going to back down. I stood up to leave and failed to notice the pink hue on both of their faces. Suwamara snapped out of his daze and ran to grab my wrist.

"Shiruko-san, can I please talk to you?"

"S-Sure."

Hinata told me the details about the four on four, him and Kageyama having to win, et cetera, et cetera.

"I'm really glad that you joined us Shiruko-chan! I really want to see you play!" Hinata jumped.

I only hummed in response before I bumped into Kageyama.

"A-ah, sor-"

"Practice starts at 7 tomorrow in the morning right?" Tanaka-kun shouted out the window.

7 in the morning? Maybe I could come in early to practice. Wait, what if the gym is locked? No, I'll take my chances, I need this. I turned to look at the two boys. They turned to each other, then glanced at me, turned to each other, mumbled something, then raced each other to home.