Acquaintaince

This time, when he fled the apartment, he was aware of his actions. He had felt the memory coming, and he sensed that it would be a long one, so he grabbed clothes and jumped out the window. Much like a stealthy cat, he landed on his feet, proceeding to a park bench to let the memory play out.

Bucky pulled the fabric of the hoodie closer to his body, wind stinging his cheeks like tiny bullets. He didn't care, though. His headache was pulsing, sending vibrations through his mind and adding to the pain he was feeling in the memory. Jealousy was a new feeling for him. The closest emotion to jealousy was envy of another's weapons.

Had he really kissed another man, even though it was only his cheek? Did Steve feel the same way now? Is that why he had been so happy when Bucky had held his hand? And was Bucky mirroring the emotions he had felt before the Winter Soldier took over? If he felt this way he should say so. Bucky made his way back to the apartment, taking careful steps. Was he really-

A hand covered Bucky's mouth and another hand covered his eyes. Years of training didn't fail him completely, but he was taken off guard. He threw punches at both people, managing to flip one over his head. When he turned to the other, he stood face to face with none other than Natalia Romanava. Now, it was Natasha. Bucky held her in a headlock, but Natasha had the same training as him. Eventually, after being thrown against a brick wall, he was restrained, blindfolded and gagged.

---

Steve woke up at 6:30 to go for a jog. He decided he wouldn't make Bucky go with him. Yawning, he walked into the kitchen, preparing a bowl of cereal, toast and jam, and orange juice. Why not chill a water bottle for his jog while he was in the kitchen? So Steve put a water bottle in the freezer, then sat down to eat. Once he finished, he left out the same meal for Bucky to eat when he woke.

He was halfway out the door when it occurred to him. What if Bucky was worried that Steve wasn't there? Maybe he would think he was kidnapped or something ridiculous like that. Steve certainly didn't want Bucky worrying, so he wrote a note saying where he was going, and put it next to the meal. With that, he left the apartment to jog.

Steve passed many people and vehicles while jogging. Sometimes, they'd be people he knew. Like today. Natasha. Clint had said that they were following Steve and Bucky, hadn't he? Unlucky for them, Bucky was at home, sleeping.

Natasha smiled as Steve approached.

"I'm glad to see you don't have him with you," Natasha said.

"He's at home sleeping."

Natasha smiled, "That's sweet."

"Are you alright?"

"I'm great, Steve. Have a nice jog!" She waved at him and walked in the other direction.

An hour later, Steve contemplated Natasha's comment while unlocking the door to the apartment.

"Buck, I'm back!" Steve exclaimed, ready to clean up and take a shower. "Bucky?" He was surprised to see the plate of food still there. "Buck? C'mon." He checked the bedroom. "Bucky it's not funny...Bucky!!"

Steve paced the room, panicking. Where could he be? He didn't leave a note or anything. Steve should know, he had checked every inch of the apartment.

What was he panicking for? He got Bucky a cell phone. Steve dialed Bucky's number, smiling to himself. It wasn't a time to smile, but Bucky had changed Steve's contacts, as well as his own. When he dialed the number, his display lit up saying, 'Calling...Bucky Barnes: Master ASSassin.' Steve's number on Bucky's phone would come up as 'Princess Shrimp,' since Steve was skinny before the serum and Bucky remembered how he used to tease him.

The line rang 4 times before a voice that was definitely not Bucky picked up.

"Hello?" Steve asked.

"Who is this?"

"Who is this?"

"That's not your concern."

"You have my best friend's phone. This is my concern."

"Steve?"

"Clint?!"

"Uhh...." Clint hung up the phone.

Steve glared at the disconnected line. He was going to get Bucky back one way or another. He changed his clothes and left the apartment.