Abandonment

Quiet footsteps echoed down the hallway of the abandoned apartments. The footsteps stopped at the elevator, the owner cursing when he saw the elevator was closed. With a groan, the footsteps continued to the stairs where bits and pieces of the ceiling had fallen in. The colors gray and beige filled the apartments, with a bit of rust. Stray cats chased the rats around the stairs. Once they were threatened by weapons, they scurried off.

Clint reached the floor Natasha was holding the Winter Soldier on and stopped. "Well, I'm back."

Natasha was seated on the crooked bed frame, staring up at Clint. "I could hear you grunting from up here."

"I had to get rid of a couple guys, that's all."

"Hydra or S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"Is there a difference anymore?" Clint mumbled, sitting next to Natasha and planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Lose your attitude and ready your bow. He'll wake up soon." said Natasha, loading her gun.

"I'm not gonna shoot the guy, Tasha."

"Scared of Rogers?"

"No. This is his best friend. You helped find the guy, and you dated him."

"Shouldn't you want to kill him then?"

"Like how you've wanted to kill my exes?"

Natasha stood. "You can leave if you aren't as loyal as I thought you were."

Bucky's eyes shot open, immediately assessing the situation, location and threats. Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff.

"You're stupid enough to give me an easy way to kill you?" said Bucky in a husky voice, moving his metal arm around in the rope binding him.

"Can it," spit the Widow, pointing her pistol at his head.

The Soldier leaned his head back, biting down on his lip through the smirk. "You can't shoot me, Nat. You aren't over me are you? You thought I was gone, didn't you? Busying yourself with him," he motioned at a shocked Clint, "Pretending like you didn't care of me anymore. I was never yours, Natalia. Never." He had finally mustered enough power to break from the rope. He ran at the Widow, pinning her to the wall and grabbing the pistol, aiming it at her. "You let me out, and I won't tell the Captain about this little altercation we-"

"How about nobody shoots anybody, huh?" Steve said, shield in hand. Clint stepped back with his hands up.

"Clint, you idiot! You led Steve here!" Natasha shouted.

"Save it, Nat! You kidnapped the man he just got back! I know you think James had no heart, but you only think that because he has no heart for you! James loves another, and I love you! Aren't I enough for you, Natasha?!" yelled Clint.

"Yes you-"

Clint shook his head and stormed out of the room.

Natasha watched him leave, then turned to Steve. "I hate you, Rogers." She slapped him across the face.

"You little bitch!" said Bucky, going to hit her back.

"Bucky, don't," said Steve.

"She deserves it," mumbled Bucky as Natasha left.

"You do, too. We're going home now, okay?" Steve raised his voice.

So they went, silent, as both knew they had ruined another's relationship and possibly their own.