Chapter 7 - The Mishap

Shalena's P.O.V

Ok, maybe mom didn't notice that I slept over someone else's house without permission. Suppose she thinks that I slept with him - GROSS! I would never do that until I'm grown up. She knows me better than that. My mom has always been on the safe side of things. I can't blame her. She owns a business and gets paid opera dollars (well maybe I'm exaggerating). Anybody could spy on us and know about it and they could even try stealing from us. That's why we have security resources in the house and cameras in every room. Its a bit invasive but it's what keeps me safe (and God too of course).

Anyways, done talking, I'm walking in. I cracked the door open a little bit. Maybe if I just tiptoe in my room - no, I shouldn't be deceitful. I'm just gonna tell the truth.

"Mom! I'm sorry I wasn't home yesterday." I shouted while walking down the hall. "Oh my gosh honey are you alright? I was so worried about you. Where were you!" my mom said running in the hall from her room. "I-I umm" I said stuttering. I just didn't know what to say. "What is it? Why are you just now coming home?" my mom said raising her voice in annoyance. "When I was at my friend's house after we decided that we asked enough questions for the day, I was gonna go home but remembered you gave me an hour extra and just slept in his room. He woke me up this morning telling me that its morning already and so I ran home." I said respectfully. "I am very disappointed in you Shalena. You should have been more vigilant. There was definitely no need to sleep in his room. Are you telling me all the truth?" mom said disappointed. "Yes mom. I told you everything." I said. "Fine but don't ever let that happen again. You will be punished for this but you did the right thing by telling the truth and coming back home as soon as possible. So, are you suppose to meet him again? How was last night?" mom said straying from the topic. "Yes but if you're gonna ground me its ok" I said ready to deal with the consequences of my action. "No no I'll deal with that later but when should you see him?" mom asked. "Same time as yesterday mom." I said being respectful. "So at about one. Alright go ahead and eat breakfast." said mom.

                   *At his house*

"Sorry about sleeping in your house last night" I said as I walked in his house. Its ok don't worry about it. "So don't you live with anyone?" I said bringing up a conversation. Just as Aron was about to answer, we heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it" Aron said running to the door. I heard talking but u couldn't make out how Aron was talking to. I was ready to walk out of his room and see but this is what happened...

                    *Girl Fight*

I heard talking at the door and decided to go to the door and see what was going on. "Hey Aron, whose at the door?" I said while walking up to the front door. There she was. The captain of the cheer leading squad, Amy Clarke. All the guys at school like her and all girls (except me) wants to be her friend. She only has the best looking guys (footballers) as friends. I wonder if she is Aron's girlfriend. Nah why would Aron kiss me if he has a girlfriend. Maybe Aron's a player and just like some of the jerks. "Uhh, what is she doing here?" Amy said looking at me in disgust. "Oh Aron and I are --" "I didn't ask you anything. Now get out of here. We don't want you here" I got cut off by that selfish, arrogant girl. Did I mention that I really don't like her? "Come on Amy she's just a friend" said Aron. "What are you talking about Aron? She's a nerd. You can't gave her as a friend. You have to choose. Either her or me." she said ignoring me. "Why can't we all just be friends?" said Aron looking annoyed. "Ha! never. I know, we should fight. Come on Shalena, fight me." she said. "Umm ok I knew you were crazy but this is a new level of low" "What? Are you afraid of me?" "No, I'm just not as petty as you are" I said trying to offend her. Then she just launched herself on me and started to kick and do something with her hands. I don't know if that's what she calls punch but it just tickled my very flat stomach (not to brag). I got tired of this and just kicked her off me. "Owww!" she shrieked. I guess I hurt her real bad because without saying another word, she just tried to run away. Even Aron seemed astonished that I was so strong. After that big 'fight', Aron and I just continued on our project.

Sorry this chapter took so long. Like my book and tell your friends about it. 💋