Chapter 2 - A new best friend

Shalena's P.O.V

Classes went by quickly but all I could think about was Aron. Why did I say that I don't know him? I wish I did not lie to him. Plus it is not good as a Christian to be lying to him so easily. Anyways I already confessed of my sins. I still could not stop thinking about Aron. His eyes were hazel, he had brown hair and his cheekbones were defined. I can't even forget how muscular his chest was. He looked at me for the first time since prep school.

At lunch I met up with my friends and we bought pizza. We talked and talked about school work and the funny things that happened in class but I just had to bring up the topic Aron and how we bumped into each other. (My friends know me very well ; they think they know everything about me. They do except for the part about my family being rich). They teased me about Aron for the rest of the lunch break. I even think I saw him glance at me when I was ordering my lunch but maybe its just wishful thinking. Wait... what am I thinking? He's a jock and I'm a nerd. We could never be together. I'm always having such high hopes. My mom said that I got that from my father. I don't really know him very well. When I was 5, he and my mom divorced. He was even put on restraining order but I don't even know about that either. I honestly really don't want to know (at least not now, maybe when I'm 16). He is one of the few family members that does not know about the business. I don't even know much about the law business myself. Its a good thing that I have always aspired to be a lawyer so I think I should join the family business. My mom always says to work hard and that's what I have done. Ever since she said those words I have been working very hard and that is why I am called a nerd. I stayed at school late in the library. After that I have been getting 80% and over average. My friends get 75% and over average. My mom thinks that it is good to have friends with good grades. "Your friends will make a big impact on you. Make sure your friends have good grades and have respect to adults." she always says.

           * History Class *

I was so lost in my thoughts I guess I did not realise that history class started 5 minutes after I came in. "Ms. Beavers you are late, quickly take a seat and pick a partner. You will be doing a project. I will tell the class about it later." Mrs. Beverly said. I looked around the class and saw that everybody had a partner already. Julisa and Krissan were paired, couples were paired, other friends were paired and I had no partner. I went to Mrs. Beverly's desk and told her the problem. Then Aron came almost running in the classroom. He started speaking to Mrs. Beverly about why he was late. Then Mrs. Beverly said "oh great ok you two can be partners." I repeated those words inside my head over and over again. I could not believe that I was being partnered with Aron. "Alright class, the project is to find out about your partner - his/her likes and dislikes and past events as well as what they know about their past events and their heritage. Then write an essay about what you have learnt. Your partner will be your new best friend. Now hurry and try and start now. You will be using the rest if my class to ask questions. Also, give each other your phone number so you can keep in contact. Your essay must be at least 600 words. This project is due when we cone back from the summer break." Mrs. Beverly said. I looked at him and he looked at me then he smerked and offered me a seat beside him. For the rest if history class we spoke about days where we could meet. On Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday, I would go over his house and on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, he would come over my house and so on. We even started asking a couple of questions too like our birth day and middle name. He seemed to really love my middle name (Elesia) because that's his new nickname for me. He even said no one can call me that but him. I'm starting to feel so special and important to him.

How's the book going so far ?Remember to vote and tell your friends about my book.👊👍