"Yes, but I'm used to getting up early for work."  Sliding the eggs and bacon on a plate, he sat it in front of where Naruto sat down.  Setting out some juice, he looked at Naruto.  "Do I need to set a place for Sasuke?"

"Huh?  Oh, naw...he left and went home."  Naruto started digging in.  "Damn, you can cook.  This is really good!"  Naruto said appreciatively.

Kakashi chuckled.  "Well, thank you."  Beginning to eat, neither man said anything.  After breakfast, as Naruto assumed the position of dish dryer, Kakashi cleared his throat.  "Mr. Uzumaki, could I ask you a question regarding Sasuke and his family?"

Naruto looked up.  "Sure.  What's up?"  Reaching past Kakashi, he put the plate up.

"Well...Sasuke seems to be your best friend, but Jiraiya specifically asked me to stay here with you.  Why wouldn't he ask Sasuke's family for you to stay with them?  I don't mind, but it just seems...odd?"  Kakashi peeked at Naruto's face.

Naruto sighed, looking at the floor.  "Jii doesn't really like them.  He doesn't stop me from being friends with Sasuke, but there's...something...in the past that Jii won't talk to me about that caused a rift between the Uchihas and Jii.  I don't know what it is."  Naruto shrugged.

Kakashi nodded, saying nothing.  As the dishes were done in silence, Kakashi couldn't help but notice how...nice...this was between the two of them.  After dishes were done, Kakashi looked at Naruto.  "Well, what would you like to do now?  Did you need me to go out and get you anything?"

Naruto grinned.  "Naw, I'm fine.  Could we maybe just play a game?"

Kakashi smiled.  "I'd like that.  You pick though."  Naruto grinned and grabbed Tsuro.  Kakashi nodded.  "Wise choice, but be prepared to have your ass kicked."

Naruto started laughing.  "Oh, we'll see about that...I am King of Tsuro."  Clearing off the table, the board game was set up and the battle of wits began.

The day waned into the evening, then into nighttime.  Tsuro led into Shoji which led into Last Night on Earth which led into Monopoly which led into Axis and Allies.  Pizza was ordered.  As the two finished up Axis and Allies with a devastating blow to Germany, demolishing Naruto's army, Naruto let out a huge yawn.  Kakashi smiled, looking at the time.  "You go onto bed.  I'll clean this up."  Nodding, Naruto padded off to bed, falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

********

Friday morning dawned, a rainy day.  Getting up and looking out the window, Naruto frowned.  He hated rainy days.  They were depressing.  The good thing about the day was that he felt back to normal.  Oh, he still had the aches and pains of the scratches, but his head was better, and he didn't need the dark glasses anymore.  Going into the kitchen, he was greeted by the smell of cookies.  Inhaling deeply, he grinned.  "These smell awesome, Kakashi-sensei."

Looking over his shoulder as he smoothly took the cookies off the sheet, Kakashi smiled.  Setting three of the cooler cookies on a plate, he handed said plate to Naruto.  Naruto greedily sat down, eating the cookies and drinking the milk sat before him.  When he finished, Kakashi smiled and headed out.  "Gonna go grab a shower." he explained in passing.

Enjoying the shower, Kakashi stepped out, drying his hair and then wrapping a towel around his waist.  Suddenly, he heard his phone ringing.  It was in the kitchen.  Trotting out, he grabbed the phone.  Answering it, it was Lady Tsunade checking on Naruto.  Kakashi reported that Jiraiya was due back tomorrow and that "Mr. Uzumaki was healing well."  Lady Tsunade praised him and hung up.  Closing the phone, he looked up to see Naruto in the doorway, eyes dark and hungry staring at Kakashi's towel clad body.  Kakashi's body immediately responded to the gaze; he felt himself stiffening under the look.