|| Chapter 8 ||

Edited

Nick's POV

When I wake up the first thing I do is check my phone for any new notifications. I had a missed call from an unknown number. Seeing that they had left a voicemail I unlock my phone and put it up to my ear.

"Well, Nick, guess who. It's Zach. Your sister is dead meat the next time I see her. And if it's not her I see first, if it's you or Styles, I'll make sure either one of you don't live to ever see her again. You've brought this upon all three of you. Watch your back."

Quickly, I shut my phone off and throw it to the far side of my bed. I stand up and punch the wall.

Apparently parents had heard my act of anger and came rushing up to my room.

"Nick, sweetheart. What's wrong?" My mom asks softly, her eyes red from crying.

"It's my fault." I spit out.

"What's your fault?" She asks, helping my dad by making me sit down on the bed.

"It's my fault she's gone. If I had been here this wouldn't have happened. If I had been here I could've protected her!" I yell.

"Nick, there's nothing you could've done. None of us could have done anything. She was taken on her way home from school." My dad says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Shrugging it off I get up and grab my phone, walking out of the room. My parents stay, knowing that I just want to be alone.

. . .

Ashley's POV

I wake up in an empty bed. Guess it was all just a dream. Sighing, I get up and grab some clothes from the closet.

Walking into the bathroom I shut the door behind me, locking it. I strip down and step into the shower, the warm water falling over my body. After doing my business I dry myself off and change into the tank top and shorts I had picked out.

Once I finished drying my hair I put it into a fishtail braid and started on my makeup. Not wanting to go crazy I only put on mascara and concealer. When I'm finished I put my phone in the back pocket of my shorts and head downstairs.

I was about to reach the last step when I noticed a girl around my age sitting on the couch. Confused, I make my way towards her.

"Hi, I'm Ashley." I say, introducing myself.

"I'm Mia." The girl says, smiling.

"I don't mean to be rude but who are you and why are you here?" I ask. Her smile drops.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought Harry had told you."

"You still haven't answered my question." I say, a little annoyed.

"I'm Mia. Harry's girlfriend." She says, smirking a little.

"G-Girlfriend?" I stutter.

"Yeah," Mia says, sending me a weird look.

"I didn't know he had a girlfriend." I say.

"Well, now you do," she said, getting up. "Tell Harry to call me when he gets back."

"Wait, Harry's not here?"

"No, he wasn't here when I got here. I thought I'd wait a while to see if he showed up." Mia says.

"So how did you get inside?" I ask, suspiciously.

"I have a key."

"Of course you do." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing," I say, putting on a fake smile. "You should be going now. Nice meeting you."

Once she was gone I fall onto the couch. I decide to call Louis to see if he knew where Harry was.

. . .

Louis' POV

"Hello?" I mumble into the phone.

"Hey, Louis. Were you still asleep? I'm sorry. I can call again later." I hear Ashley say.

"No, no. It's okay. About time I get up anyways."

"Oh, okay. Well do you know where Harry is by any chance?" Ashley asks.

I look up from my phone to see a sleeping figure on the sofa. Sighing, I turn my attention back to the phone.

"No, I don't. Sorry Ash," I lie.

"It's okay, Lou. If you hear from him could you give me a call?"

"Yeah, I can do that." I reply.

"Thanks. Oh, and do you know a girl named Mia? She was on the couch when I came downstairs today. She claimed that she was Harry's girlfriend and that he had given her a key to the house." Ashley says.

"Mia? Yeah, I know her. I thought her and Harry had broken up though. But there's nothing to be worried about, he did give her a key," I yawn.

"Okay, thank you Louis. I'll let you sleep now," Ashley says. "See you soon."

She hangs up before I can say anything. Yawning, I turn back around to see the mob of curly hair laying on a pillow on the sofa.

Knowing that Harry was still asleep I fall back into bed and welcome a peaceful slumber once again.

. . .

Well, please don't kill me! Hope you all liked this chapter though.

- Emma