|| Chapter 6 ||

Edited

I fell asleep a few hours after my fight with Harry. Apparently he had moved me to his room because the last thing I remember was being on the couch on top of him and now I'm in a comfortably soft bed.

Opening my eyes I look around and realize that I'm not in Harry's room, but in one of the guest rooms. Surprisingly, my heart drops.

'Stop it, Ashley. You do not like him. You can't like him.' I think to myself.

Slowly getting up I open the door and walk downstairs, finding Harry at the kitchen table already eating.

"There's some food up there for you if you want it." He mumbles, not looking up from the newspaper in his hands.

I nod, forgetting that he can't actually save me. I take a plate from the cabinet and pile some food onto it. I then sit down in the empty chair across from him, starting to eat.

"I have to go soon. There's some business I have to take care of. Louis is coming over to watch you." Harry says, getting up and putting his dishes in the sink.

"Okay," I say, continuing to eat.

Harry grunts in response and walks out of the kitchen, leaving me alone.

'I guess he's ignoring me after yesterday,' I think. 'Fine. If he wants to play that game then let's play.'

. . .

The doorbell rings about an hour later, I guess that's Louis. I'm not really sure of him after yesterday, he stills seems a bit scary to me.

I open the door after checking that it was him. I step aside and let him in. Once he's inside I shut the door behind me and walk to the bottom of the stairs.

"Harry! Louis is here!" I shout and move to sit on the couch.

I don't get a reply, just the opening of a door and footsteps coming down the stairs.

. . .

Harry's POV

I was upstairs in my room getting ready when Ashley yelled from downstairs saying that Louis was here. Checking the time on my watch, I notice that I have about five minutes left before I had to leave.

After finishing getting ready I walked downstairs to find Louis and Ashley sitting on the couch talking.

When Louis sees me he gets up and walks over, giving me a slap on the back.

"Hey Haz," he says.

"Hey Lou. What have you two been talking about?" I ask.

"That's none of your business." Ashley says, crossing her arms over her chest.

I make a face at her and give Louis a look that says 'you better tell me later'. He sends me a silent nod and sits back down next to Ashley.

Looking at the time I notice that I needed to leave. Grabbing my keys and phone I walk out of the house without saying goodbye.

. . .

Louis POV"

Ashley and I were talking about Harry ignoring her when he came downstairs. She quickly became quiet and sunk down into the sofa.

Chuckling, I get up and give Harry a slap on the back.

"Hey Haz," I say.

"Hey Lou. What have you two been talking about?" He asks.

"That's none of your business." Ashley says, crossing her arms over her chest.

Harry gives me the 'tell me later' look and I give him a silent nod. I sit back down next to Ashley and a few minutes later Harry leaves.

I can tell that Ashley was upset that he didn't say goodbye. Sighing, I throw my arm over her shoulder and pull her in for a side hug.

"Don't worry, love. He'll come around. He's still mad about what happened last night." I say, trying to comfort her.

Ashley smiles a little before getting up and waking into the kitchen.

"Hungry?" She asks.

"Starving."

. . .

Harry's POV

Getting out of my car I enter the abandoned warehouse. I saw Zach leaning against a wall by the entrance.

"Styles. Wasn't expecting you to show up." Zach says, pushing himself up from the wall.

"Well I'm just full of surprises." I mutter.

"So, how's Ashley?"

"Perfectly fine now that she's safe from you." I growl at him.

"Now, now Styles. No need to use that tone with me." Zach says like a mother scolding their child.

"Fuck off."

"Ouch, you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"At least my mother's still alive."

"You really shouldn't have said that." He says and punches me in the face.

I stumble back a little but get right into it. I bring my hand back and punch him in the stomach.

Zach falls back and I walk over to him.

"Do. Not. Touch. Her." I say through clenched teeth.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do." He says, getting up. He punches me in the stomach and when I fall to the ground he kicks my side.

I grab his leg and pull him down, punching his face until he's unconscious. Once he is I get up, groaning at the pain in my side. I walk to my car and get in, driving home.

When I get home I open the door and the first thing I hear is a gasp and then Ashley yelling my name as I fall down, blacking out.