Chapter7

Almas

I can't understand why am feeling this way, this man ruined my life! Destroyed my kingdom and my parents? I'm not sure if they're alive or dead. I started recalling the conversation I had with The middle aged lady who always attend to me each time I fall sick and I supposed is the doctor. She advised me to be relaxed, she was worried about my condition and she reported that my blood pressure was above the normal level. I laid like a statue throughout when she was examining me. She shake her head and exhaled examining my feelings. Vulnerable was an understatement I can't understand why my life changed this fast, too soon.

The lady cleared her throat and was silent for a while.

"His majesty the king is a kind-hearted man, you know, sometimes bad experiences tends to completely change people's behavior and attitude." She said giving me an assurance smile.

Her words kept on repeating in my head while I was eating the assorted Asir food Iduh king ordered to be prepared in my honor. So cheesy.. Argh stop it! I shake off the silly thought.

He calmly sat on the floor opposite to the couch I'm seated eating. Seems like it's the first time he's tasting Asir meal I guess. I steal glances at him, when I asked him to eat with me at first he hesitated, but now he's fully concentrated swallowing the cassava rolls. I can't help but admire him. His curly short brown hair, each time he stared down at the food his lashes become very obvious, so long and straight like that of a lady. I felt my stomach warm and my chest pounder.

No no I can't think of him like that. He's only deceiving me, right? If he gets what he wants, he'll start showing his monstrous nature again. Besides he killed my parents! He's a beast!!! My inner eyes spat making me tightened my fist in anger. He finished eating and washed his hands. I remained silent while he gave me suspicious look.

"Is everything okay? He politely asked

"I looked away not wanting to set my eyes on him any longer. He's affecting me in ways I do not like, I can't lo- No! Not possible! I rejected the idea that I might care for him.

"Please.. talk to me? He asked worried with his brows frowned.

This is not the time to ask him about my parents, maybe I should get closer to him to extract possible informations I need. I could vividly recall that some guards where shouting "the royal family has been kidnapped!! While I was returning back from the woods during the attack on my kingdom. If he had kidnapped my family, then where are they? What is he keeping me for? Are they also in his huge Efu Ofeh (palace)

"I'm fine". I finally replied. He then relaxed and smiled. MashaAllah! I murmured at the sight of his dimples. I felt my cheeks burning again. He winked at me cos I think he noticed that I've been staring at him. I quickly look anyway feeling ashamed of my unladylike behavior. "Have never been outside your castle before". I said to change the topic. His face scrunch up at my words then he thoughtfully stroke his beard. I wonder if I had said the wrong thing which might upset him cos clearly I'm meant to be his prisoner.

"Alright, I'll take you on a tour. You'll see each and every parts and corners of the castle. He said smiling. My face beamed. Now I'll try my best to know his secret room. There, my family might be kept.

"But before that, you need to wash off. He said and ordered some maids to prepare my bath. I've been thinking of how to tell him I needed a soothing bath. But thank goodness he's been a gentle man. Wait,What?? My conscience questioned my thoughts about him and I took it back. It's all pretends. Don't Fall too deeply. I reminded myself.

••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••