Eight

Hiccup paced back and forth in the cell aboard Dagur's ship. His mind was in overdrive, and he couldn't think sitting still. Behind him, Rena hadn't moved from the wall. She was sitting with her eyes closed, telling herself that Daystrike had made it to the Edge safely, and that it was a matter of time before she would come with the rest of the riders and get them out.

"What if we fake being dead and are then thrown overboard?" Hiccup asked. "It sounds stupid, but it's worth a shot."

"No. They're smart. Where would 'e go?" Rena asked quietly. She opened her eyes a little, seeing Hiccup still pacing, then closed them. "Hiccup, relax."

"I can't. As far as we know, the Beetbreaths could be having a Night Fury and Whistlewing feast tonight. We don't know where this ship is headed, and-"

Rena raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Hiccup shushed her, then waited. Two guards entered the cell area before making their way to their cell. "Dagur wants to have a chat with you."

Hiccup planted himself in front of Rena, who glared at the guards. The door opened, and one of the guards grabbed Hiccup by the shoulder and yanked him out of the cell. Hiccup responded by stomping on his foot with his metal prosthetic, but even though the guard growled in pain, the other reached in and nabbed Rena. Hiccup's struggles grew more frantic, finally breaking free and knocking the guard out. He turned to Rena's guard, who held her with a knife to her throat. 

"On your knees, or the girl gets it." 

Still scowling angrily at him, Hiccup hesitantly knelt down. The guard holding Rena threw her roughly back in, slamming the door, before turning to Hiccup, who had his eyes locked on Rena, who was on the ground. He was tugged off to see Dagur.

-------

Fishlegs and the twins were almost to Siren's Isles, where they would hopefully find the Beetbreaths. 

"The Dragon Eye said that Beetbreaths hide in the caves on the cliffs where the Whistlewings normally hunt for fish. We should find some saliva there. You two get one Beetbreath riled up, and I can get the saliva." Fishlegs instructed. "To get out of there when the saliva is collected, dive underwater, and they will lose your scent."

"Huh? Yeah, totally." Ruffnut said. Tuffnut nodded in agreement.

"Good. Go ahead, and I will follow behind." Fishlegs said.

The twins actually understood what he said for the most part. He got the saliva easily, putting in extra just in case. The last part, however, they completely forgot. 

"Let's move out, guys!" Fishlegs said, with Meatlug puttering away. The twins were oddly quiet, and when Fishlegs looked behind him, he saw the Zippleback flying anywhere but in the water. "GUYS!" Fishlegs yelled, trying to get their attention.

"What do you want, 'Legs?" Tuffnut asked.

"GO IN THE WATER!" Fishlegs called back, watching with a mix between amusement and concern as the twins tried to steer the dragon in opposite directions, only to have the heads smack into each other. The twins started blaming each other, hitting each other hard, unaware that a Beetbreath was preparing a spitball right behind them.

"Barch, dive!" Fishlegs called out, the dragon obeying, and nose dived into the water with a splash. The Beetbreaths stopped short, sniffing for a bit, then stopped and flew back to the cliffs. The Zippleback shot out of the water, carrying its soaking wet riders.

"Let's go back to the Edge. Thor knows how Rena's dragon is doing." Fishlegs said. Meatlug sensed the urgency, flying faster towards the Edge.

The flight seemed normal other than the need to return, with nothing in their way but the distance.