I grabbed my graduation cap and gown as well as my purse. I looked at him and nodded. We then walked downstairs, he grabbed his coat and his car keys. We then walked out of the house and locked it before going to his car and driving to the school.

When we arrived it was very crowded due to so many family members here to see their daughter, son, niece, or nephew graduate. I just had my dad and we'll Shawn's family but other than that no one else. My dad dropped me off at the front of the school because he had to find a parking spot.

"I'll see you after the ceremony!" My Dad told me as I got out of the car.

"Okay I'll see you soon." I told him before turning around and heading inside the school.

I made my way to the gym, the ceremony would take place on the football field. Though we had to meet in the gym to practice our seating and sign in. I sighed in and they handed me a sash to wear. I put on my gown along with the sash and cap before looking for my friends.

"America!" I heard Lauren call.

I looked around and seen her standing with Matt, Brian, and Ian. But I didn't see Shawn anywhere. I walked over towards them and hugged them all.

"Hey where's Shawn?" I asked them as I looked around the room for him.

Lauren shrugged, "He's probably running a little late. He'll be here though."

I was about to say something but I was cut off by the principals voice. We were told to go to our assigned seating and once everyone was seated and quite I looked around the section Shawn would be sitting. I seen the seat empty and it made me anxious.

The principal started going through and telling us a speech. It was mostly about how we'd walk and sit and when we grabbed our diploma then go back to our seat. Mid speech the doors opened and in walked a completely embarrassed Shawn.

"Ah Mr. Mendes nice of you to join us on your big day. Please take your seat and hopefully your colleagues will inform you on what we said." The principal told him.

He just gave a smile before finding his seat. Before he sat down he looked around and his eyes met mine. He gave me a quick wink before sitting down. I shook my head at him but couldn't help smiling.

The speech was wrapped up and soon it was time for us to be walking out to the field. When we walked I heard a bunch of families screaming their child's name. I didn't hear my name but I didn't expect to hear my dad's voice over everyone else's.

Once seated the ceremony began and can I just say it was incredibly long and we haven't even gotten our diplomas yet. And with the sun beating down on us it did not help. It was finally my turn to grab my diploma and for some reason I was nervous?

"America Adams." Our principal said into the microphone.

I then heard a couple people cheering and calling my name. I looked to see it was Shawn's family and my dad. I also seen my friends clapping, shawn stood up and clapped and whistled. I shook my head before I walked over with a smile and got it handed to me before getting my picture taken.

I then walked down the stairs and back to my seat. The rest of the ceremony went on and when it was Shawn's turn I made sure to scream and clap for him. My favorite part was when it ended though, I couldn't wait to escape the heat. When it all finished families were allowed down to the field.

I seen my dad and showed him my diploma, "I finally did it!" I told him.

He chuckled before handing me a bouquet of sunflowers, "I'm proud of you."

I don't even remember him getting these, he must've had them hidden. I took them from him before hugging him.

"Thank you Dad." I said when we pulled apart.

I then felt arms around my waist and I was lifted up and spun around. I knew who it was cause he was laughing and I knew his laugh anywhere. He set me down and I turned around in his arms.

"We did it!" I told him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He gave me that smile I loved, "We sure did."

Shawn then leaned in and connected our lips. My eyes fluttered close as my stomach had butterflies in it. We then pulled away and I looked up at him.

"Okay you two! Pictures!" We heard Karen say.

We pulled apart and turned towards her. I wrapped my arm around Shawn's waist as she took the pictures. For the last picture Shawn was giving me a piggyback ride. So I was on his back with my arms around his neck and his holding my legs.

As she took the picture I leaned by his ear and whispered, "I love you so much."

He chuckled and turned his head looking at me, "I love you more than you'll ever know America Adams."

I then kissed his cheek before he set me down. We then left with our families to dinner. And while we sat for dinner, I looked at my dad and my second family. I sat between my dad and Shawn and just had the most amazing people all around me.

I started out as the girl with the bad reputation and now I was the girl who couldn't careless. I had the best people around me who knew who I was. I didn't have to prove anything, didn't have to be anyone but myself. I wasn't hiding or running anymore, I was happy and finally back to being the me before the rumors.

I am just America Adams, the girl who had a Bad Reputation.

Authors Note//
And that's a wrap!
Also no there will be no sequels!
I'm so happy and thankful for all the support from everyone that read this book.
I literally started it in 2016 and finally ending it so I wanna thank everyone who stuck around for it. Y'all really don't know how much I appreciated the patience throughout the years.
I just hope you all enjoyed America and Shawn like I have.
I always hate this part but for this book I'm glad it's finally here so
See you all in my other stories
-S x