25. Hangout

"Just a bunch of friends hanging out."

•••

America

I didn't dread the next day as much as I thought I would. I felt like this whole week was gonna be me stressing about going to school. But Tuesday came around and I went back to hating it because it was a school day.

There was nothing really interesting that happened today. It was a regular school day, boring, stressful, and annoying. I didn't even talk to Shawn in last hour, we had a free period so Sara had Shawn sit with her. I remember always looking forward to last hour to sit next to him and talk.

If the whole day sucked I had one hour with Shawn that would fix my mood instantly. Now the whole day just sucked, but Lauren did invite me to her house later. I'd get to finally just rant and tell her all that I felt and hopefully feel better.

The bell notifying us that schools out rang. I packed up my bag and headed out the door. I walked into the crowded hall and managed to get out before I had a panic attack, claustrophobia at its finest. Once I made it outside, I spotted Lauren by her car waiting for me. I hurried along wanting to get away from this place as soon as I could.

"Ready to go?" She asked as I got close.

I nodded, "Yes, I've literally counted down the minutes till I could leave all last hour."

That made Lauren laugh as she unlocked the car before we both got in. Once we buckled in she started the car and turned the radio up. She then started driving out of the parking lot and away from hell. We got to her house a lot quicker than I anticipated, when we did pull up I then remembered all the memories that were held here.

I also remember her parents, whom I thought were the nicest people, told Lauren she couldn't be friends with me anymore. I never thought about that till now, i suddenly felt really nervous.

"Don't worry my parents aren't home, they won't be! They're on vacation but unfortunately for me, I had school. With graduation and all I can't miss." She informed me as we pulled up into her drive way.

She turned the car off and we both got out and went through the front door. It was just like how I remembered, the good times.

"So the guys should be here in a couple, I was hoping we'd just have a small little hangout." Lauren said as she put her bag on the counter.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Oh did I forget to mention that I invited the guys?" She asked me.

I gave her a slow nod, "Yeah you did fail to mention that crucial piece of information."

"I know you're still..adjusting to Shawn and his memory loss. I just don't see why you couldn't just tell him." Lauren said as she handed me a drink.

"Because he clearly doesn't remember anything about me. It took me two months just to even get comfortable with him. I was literally about to let my walls done and then everything blew up. He almost died and he already told me he's sick of people trying to help him get his memory back. I am already a stranger I don't want to be annoying too." I confessed.

She sighed, "This sucks, I've never seen him as happy as he was when he was with you. I mean Sara? Are you kidding me? That was a toxic relationship before you and now she's being fake and taking advantage."