14. The weight

"Nobody knows the weight that's on her shoulders."

•••

America.

The drive was quiet, it even started to rain a little. Perfect weather to describe how I felt. With everything that has happened tonight I still remembered why I was even in the restroom in the first place.

He pulled up in front of his dark house. No cars were in the parking lot, I wonder if his parents were out. It reminded me of the last time I was here and his parents thought we had done something we weren't suppose to.

"My parents went camping with Aaliyah. It was for her hockey team." He told me.

I nodded not really sure what I was supposed to say. He then got off and opened my door for me. I got out but felt my knees give out, his arms caught me before I hit the ground. I grabbed onto his arms for support.

I looked at him and gave him a smile the rain dropping on us. I stood back up which made his arms let go of me. We walked up the porch steps leading to his front door, he unlocked it and let me in first it was dark but there were a few candles that illuminated the spots in which they were put.

Shawn locked the door behind us before walking in front of me and attempted to turn on the lights but nothing happened. Just then a lightning flash lit up the room from outside, it was then followed by a roar of thunder. It caused me to jump, I loved thunderstorms dont get me wrong, I just hated not being able to see.

"The power must be out" Shawn said.

I saw his silhouette walk forward and then a loud thud followed by him cursing. After a few seconds I felt his hand grab mine and he helped led me towards the living room where a candle sat. He carefully picked it up and turned us around and led us carefully up the steps of his stairs.

I'm not even completely sure how we managed to get up without tripping, the only light we had was the candle and the windows. When we got to the top we walked to his bedroom door, he pushed it open and set the candle down on his dresser. I stood by the door not really wanting to walk forward and end up hitting somehing or falling.

I looked over and saw Shawn rummaging through his drawers, he then pulled out a few candles jeez and here I thought I had a candle obsession. He used the already lit candle to light the others, when they were all lit up he took one by one to different places of his room. He even put some in his bathroom, in no time his room was nicely lit with candles looking a little too romantic.

"You know you don't have to stay by the door right?" I heard him ask causing me to look over at him.

He was currently standing by his closet taking off his wet tshirt and replacing it with a dry one. I gulped from the sight of his sculpted abs, he looked like a model then again he always had since the first day I met him. I walked over towards his bed and sat down at the end of it, his room was always so clean.

"Here's a sweater if you wanted to get out of your shirt." He said as he walked over and handed me it.

"Thank you." I told him as I took it.

I got up and walked to his bathroom and shut the door behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror and seen how messed up my makeup looked. My mascara was running down my face making me look like a raccoon, my cheeks were all blotchy and my eyes were blood shot and puffy from my crying. Jeez now I was happy it was really dark I looked gross.