Chapter 71 How Human...

Start from the beginning

In the face of such strength, Xiao's resistance seems childish and weak.

Janes shoots him a sly look, and kisses Xiao's face continuously. The more he struggles the more he pecks at him.

"Are you resisting me in order to arouse my interest?" His lightly laughs while speaking such a ridiculous sentence.

He glares at Jane, who leans down and gently bites his nose. "I have wanted you for so long, you don't need to do anything extra to gain my attentions."

"If it is my brain you want, then take it now. If it is my life then why waste time?!"

Suddenly, in one blink, Jane's teasing liquid eyes freeze into poison. Even the breeze seemed to gather an icy chill that pricked his pores.

Xiao Yan felt his spine run cold.

"You seem to have forgotten what I said to you."

He remembered when he was holding the gun to his head that Jane stopped him by crushing the gun to pieces in front of him.

The next time you dare to point your gun at your head, I will let you know what real pain is.

"If you really want to die, I would rather you are killed by me."

He speaks the words easily, his casual tone tears the fibers of Xiao's nerves.

This man has always been distant from everyone around him- indifferent to everything around him.

It is easy to forget his cruelty amid the haze of his charming disguise.

"You want to see what would become of your brain. Then I will take you to see what you are offering. You can look at what it's like to live outside of your body."

Jane grabbed him up roughly. They moved through the woods and the previously calm animals scattered at their scent and steps.

They went through the glass house and continued underground. A gloomy passage stretched in front; a depressing void with a disturbing scent wafting through. Jane's back moves through the dark like a phantom.

Finally, he saw a bit of light up ahead.

Countless holographic displays flicker along the wall, providing a complete security sweep of the area. He realized this was an underground base. It looked even more sophisticated than the Shire's main base.

"The primary system can process at speed 1.5xs faster than the Shire. Only blockers with interface rates exceeding 300 million Mb have any hope of invading. Of course that is just the price for 'hope.'"

Jane turned to look at Xiao, his gaze was cold and complicated.

At their presence all of the channel nodes automatically activate. This means, he could not enter without Jane.

As the space opens further, Xiao sees the expanse of the base.

Here is an ocean of data, computing constantly.

A teenager with a lollipop in his hand walked over with an arrogant grin. Xiao looked over to see a pair of glittering green eyes and a crooked smirk.

"Xiao Yan! You are awake!"

He moved to enthusiastically hug Xiao Yan, but Xiao moved away from his reach.

All of his past trust in Casey seems ridiculous.

Casey is not angered by Xiao's rejection. He simply looks at him briefly then gestures widely around him. "Here is my place. Free to be idle."