13th Glimpse

His Eyes

" You're making it hard for yourself. You see? I'm blind. I can't even see you. Flin, kapag nahihirapan ka na sa'kin, gusto kong bumitaw ka na."

" I won't get tired. I love you."

" Flin, your girlfriend is blind. Hindi ka man lang ba nahihiya? I'm sure there are prettier girls out there. If you're tired, please don't hesitate to leave. "

" I don't care about them. I love you."

" Flin, do you really love me? Alam mo bang mahirap mahalin ang isang tulad ko? "

" Stop crying, darling. I don't care if you're blind. Hindi ka mahirap mahalin. I love you so much."

" I'm so happy, Flin. But I'll be more happy if I'll have my eyes. I want to see you. "

" I'll give it to you, darling. I love you."

The day before my birthday, I undergo an operation. My boyfriend really grant my wish. I don't know where he get those eyes. Basta isang araw pagkagising ko na lang, nakakakita na ako. I immediately look for him.

" Where's Flin? " I asked. Her mother ran towards me, crying. She brought me to Flin. I saw his dead body lying.

" W-what happened? "using these two eyes, kitang kita ng mga mata ko ang mga nangyari. He told me that I deserve to see the beauty of the world. But no..

I want him to know that I rather want to be blind than see his lifeless body.

"May taning na ang buhay nya. He only had four months to live. But he choose to end the pain to grant your wish. " I almost lost my balance hearing those words from his mother. He handed me a letter.

Darling, if you're reading this right now, please stop crying. You deserve everything. I only have four months to live so I make it easy for the both of us. Now, I want you to find a man who can love you more than I love you. Happy birthday. Hanggang sa kabilang buhay, ikaw pa din. It will always be you. I love you.