9th Glimpse

Too Late

I met you in the dark, you lit me up.

" Hey, you look familiar? Are you James? The one wearing eye glasses back then when we were in highschool?"

After seven years, I saw you again.

" Ryena?"

" Yup. It's me."

You make me feel as though, I was enough.

" So why are you here right now? It's too late. Waiting for someone?"

You saw me sitting at the near bench in the City Light looking at the stars.

" I'm just thinking a lot. "

" Love? "

" Yes."

I want to tell you that I'm thinking of you. The one that I've been loving for several years.

" You are a good man James. Just wait and your love will come soon."

We dance the night a way. We drunk too much.

"Can I hold your hand like this, Ryena?"

" Ofcourse."

It's our reunion. All of our classmates are here but only you caught my attention.

I held your hair back when you were throwing up.

" I wish I could return back the time, Ryena."

Then you smile over your shoulder. For a minute I was stone cold sober. I pulled you closer to my chest.

" James..."

And you asked me to stay over. I said I already told ya. I think that you should get some rest.

" Stop crying, darling. This time, I'll stay."

I knew I'd loved you then. But you'd never know.

" I am afraid of rejections. I wish I already told you that I love you since we were in highschool. I've wasted so many chances."

Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go.

" I'm sorry because I am too weak, Ryena."

I know I needed you. But I never showed

"If I ask you to give me a chance right know, will you give me? This time, I'll fight for you."

I wanna stay with you until were grey and old

" You know we can't. It's too late James. But I want you to know that I love you also. I am secretly loving you since we were in highschool. I am already married. This is so damn wrong."

Just say you won't let go.

" I'm sorry James. Someday you'll find your girl. I love you but we can't be. It's too late. Please let me go."