Chapter 2 - I think i like someone.

As i am a few feet now in front i hear him talk again. "Whats your name?"

I turn and smile. "its Caroline." I say.

He returns the smile and we make eye contact "I'm Kaiden."

I'm now back at the apartment. I cannot stop thinking about the dark brown haired man who was called Kaiden, his light ice blue eyes pierced through me. I haven't got this feeling since i met Leo in Spain 2 years ago. Butterfly's in my stomach, i don't now why i feel like this it was probably nothing. I slip into my pj's and get into my bed. Kaidens face, still roaming my thoughts.

Waking up to my alarm i slap my phone and it manages to turn off. I rub eyes and roll over and as i'm about to fall into a deep slumber again, i am then disturbed to Madelyn pushing the door open violently. "Time to get up!" she says cheerfully. I moan and slowly sit up. she then forcefully sits on the bed and pulls me into a tight hug. "Whats this for?" I manage to say through suffocating. "I've missed you, you didn't tell me were you were yesterday, I was worried. Then when you you came, you were sleeping so i didn't disturb you." She mutters still hugging me. "i'm sorry" I say. Suddenly an image of Kaiden comes to thought. She moves away and gives me a look. "So, what happened yesterday when we left the lecture?" She raises an eyebrow.

Am i that obvious to read? I fiddle my fingers nervously as we are making eye contact, " met someone"I reply. She moves side to side as though she is curious. "Oh, who?"

"He was called Kaiden." I mutter.

"A new Love interest or?" She avoids eye contact as she looks out the window.

"I don't know, i cant stop thinking about him." I reply.

She looks down and her expression changes. "Do you think you like him?"

"I'm not sure" I state.

She quickly gets up and looks towards me. "I'm going to get dressed now." She smiles. She then turns and hurries out my bedroom.

Half an hour later, i have found casual clothes to wear. Jeans and a vest top. i make my way out the apartment with Madelyn. She seems to be wearing a plaited red flowing dress, with a lot of jewelry. i wonder who she is trying to impress? "So, when will i meet Kaiden?" She mutters.

"I'm not sure, we only talked once and i wouldn't exactly call what we had a conversation." I exclaim pouting. I wish i hadn't left him so early.

"Its weird, i once had a boyfriend called Kaiden." I look at her in surprise. She looks deep in thought as though she is relapsing through memories or something.

"I'm sorry, this Kaiden is probably different and if you don't want to meet him its fine, i understand." I insist.

She shakes her head and stops walking. "Oh no, trust me i'm going to meet him." She widens her eyes then continues to walk, but with sass as she flips her hair dramatically.

I quietly laugh and try to catch up to her walking speed.

It has been 3 hours and now me and Madelyn are grabbing coffee, because we have an assignment tonight. While walking out of the coffee shop and talking to Madelyn i crash into someone and spill my coffee everywhere. stumbling i am caught by Madelyn and i hear a mumble from the person in front. I look up to see, Kaiden. Freaking out i apologize a freakishly amount of times. If Kaiden could get more sexier with wearing a white tee with spilled coffee on him, he got a whole lot sexier when he whips it off in the open. Oof. I'm speechless. This is until i hear a whimper from Madelyn, as i stand up straight and look at her. Her facial expression has changed. Oh no it cant be. This is her ex, Kaiden!

Kaiden doesn't change his expression, by the looks of it he looks like he doesn't remember her. I feel so bad, but right now its just a awkward silence.

"How, why are you here?" She whimpers quietly. Her face quickly blossoms to red.

Kaiden looks confused and he awkwardly stares between Madelyn and i.
"I'm sorry, what?"

"After all these months you don't remember me. I'm Madelyn, you know your ex who you didn't even try with, and you hurt me multiple times and you knew you did." She shouts now stepping back away from Kaiden.

Kaiden gets a pained look across his face as though he remembers her. "Oh my, Madelyn i'm sorry you look so different, and them times i had reasons and i didn't mean to do the things i did. I've changed." He says as he steps closer.

Madelyn shakes her head and pushes past him and walks out, and then Kaiden fixes his gaze onto me. what do i do? When Madelyn told me she had dated a Kaiden in her past, i should of at least suspected this could be the Kaiden.

"Caroline i'm so sorry i don't know what to do or say." he mutters looking down at me.

Well hes not the only one.

"Well i was hoping to meet you but, right now i don't think its the right time. Specifically with finding out your my best friends ex." I calmly say even though i kind of want to slap him for hurting Madelyn's feelings

"You were hoping to meet me" He says while putting his hand through his hair. His mouth curves into a faint smile.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter because, now i know that your a dick." I say boldly as i walk past him.

I smile, wow i don't know where i got the confidence boost from but i'm quite proud i done that.

I'm now back at the apartment and i don't see Madelyn sat in the front room so taking a guess i think shes in her bedroom. i slowly open the door to see her sat on her bed, leaning her head on her hands. little wimping corrupting through the room. i make my way over and sit beside her. "i didn't know" i quietly say. I lean over and cuddle her. I feel her gently place her hand on mine. She stops crying and looks up at me. As we are really close she tucks her hair behind her ear, and while we are making eye contact she cuts the silence. "Caroline." she whispers. "yes?" i reply.

Her face turns pale. "I think i like someone."

I hesitantly laugh, "That's random." I say.

"Kind of." She laughs back as she wipes the tears from her face and scoots up the bed.

"I think i should go to sleep." She takes out her blankets and throws them other her and then switches her lantern wall lamps on, and then the atmosphere in the room changes. An emotion i haven't had, or at least not as strong. Trying to ignore it i get up and face Madelyn. I tuck her in and before i manage to stand up again i get pulled onto the bed. Shocked i look at Madelyn and before i get words out, Madelyn crushingly shouts. "I like you, Caroline."

a bit spiced up in this chapter sorry if this is a short chapter like the other one the next i'm going to make longer. :)