Sephiroth

Universe: Final Fantasy

Entrance: A bright beam of light touches down onto the stage where a man is seen kneeling, a man with one large black feathered wing. The wing extends before molting away, and Sephiroth stands! He says, "Any last words? As he stands and unsheathes his massive sword.

CHARACTER NOTES---------------------------

Sephiroth is one of Smash Bros deadliest characters, his range with his masamune sword is startling, as is the speed at which he swings it. His attacks are deadly and can easily rack up DMG, where he can then go in for the kill. He is a ruthless fighter on the ground and in the air and can dish out DMG at a starting rate. However, because of this, he is the very definition of a glass cannon. While his attacks are incredibly powerful, almost all of them have some form of startup or finishing lag where opponents can either get away or dish DMG right back. He is also very easy to launch if you get some good smash attacks in, and he has no defense against long distance attacks.

Specials------------------------------

B- Black Materia- Sephiroth extends a hand to the sky and says, "Into the depths of darkness!" with his hand engulfed in black magic. As he says this, a dark cloud appears above him where a meteorite falls from the and plummets diagonally in front of him. You can press this attack rapidly to send 3 meteors with lag in between each, but it does leave Sephiroth open for attacks.

Side B- Octaslash- Sephiroth says, "Shall I give you despair?" as he slashes the air in front of him swiftly, in an attempt to connect with an opponent. Similar to Cloud's side special, Sephiroth must make contact with the opponent and rapidly press B in order to keep the attack going. If successful, Sephiroth can deliver 8 strikes with this attack, which deals impressive DMG. However, he is wide open to attacks while delivering the octoslash, if he takes any DMG while performing the attack he is automatically cancelled out of the rest of the octaslash.

Up B- Heartless Angel- Sephiroth extends his one wing and ascends upward (about as high as Bayonetta's recovery) while saying "Now you sleep!" This recovery is unique in that it is also a sort of counter attack. If Sephiroth takes melee or short range (about as large of a field as his down special) DMG while using the recovery, he quickly teleports behind the opponent and grabs them. As he grabs them, he lifts them up about as high as his recovery, while delivering dark fire DMG to them. While the recovery isn't great, the counter is very deadly. If Sephiroth successfully counters the opponent, he says "Time to end your misery..." as he takes them upward. The opponent then receives twice the DMG they were dealing out from the attack that was countered. Along with that, once Sephiroth reaches his peak height he lets them go and the opponent falls helplessly to the ground. The counter is difficult to pull off however, and the recovery leaves Sephiroth in a helpless falling state.

Down B- Firega Pillars- Sephiroth yells "Perish!" as he holds his hand skyward, summoning three pillars of fire around him that extend about as high as Palutena's up smash. These pillars stay in effect for about 2 seconds and have a slight gravitational pull to them. The flames deal great fire DMG, with minimal knockback. But this DMG building allows Sephiroth to go in for the kill shortly after. Sephiroth is left defenseless for a moment after the flames disappear and can take DMG and knockback while the flames are still active.

Final Smash- Supernova- Sephiroth fires an orb of dark energy forward a good distance, similar to Mega Man's Final Smash initiation blast. This orb of dark firega energy sucks any opponents it captures in while Sephiroth is heard saying "I shall lead you to the promised land..." after taking a moment to capture opponents, the reality on the stage seems to crack as shards of reality collapse inward, revealing a large sun that is exploding with giant chunks of meteorites flying around it. Sephiroth floats in the middle of the path of the sun, saying "All becomes one with me" as he says this, the giant sun flare engulfs Sephiroth as it travels towards the captured opponents who stand on a flat broken platform. They are pummeled by meteorites and engulfed in the supernova blast. As this happens, reality shatters back to the original stage, and opponents are sent launching with massive DMG from the final smash.