Sub-Zero

Universe: Mortal Kombat

Entrance: Sub-Zero walks onto the stage as ice forms wherever he steps, and icicles cover his arms. As he enters his starting spot he says, "Test your strength in Kombat!" as he clenches his fists and the ice on them shatters. He then gets ready to fight.

ICE------------------------------------

Ice plays a large part in Sub-Zero's special abilities, opponents caught in ice attacks have the chance to be frozen when a special connects. Frozen opponents simply gain the animation of ice covering their whole bodies as if they were statues of ice sculptures. Even if they are frozen in the air, they will be suspended mid-air frozen like a statue.

Specials------------------------------

B- Ice Blast- Sub-Zero launches an icy projectile forward. If the projectile hits an opponent, they receive 5% DMG and are instantly frozen as an icy statue for a couple seconds. While a statue you escape the ice by either rapidly pressing buttons to thaw yourself, waiting for the ice to shatter (about 4 seconds if you don't touch anything), or the ice instantly shatters if you are attacked. If the ice shatters from another attack, the opponent takes an additional 5% DMG, but the ice breaking on its own or from the person thawing themselves out does not deal additional DMG or knockback. Freezing opponents is a great way for Sub-Zero to quickly close the gap between him and another fighter and gives him a chance to follow up with a combo (see below). After a player is frozen, there is about a 3.5 second timeframe where they cannot be frozen again, instead they take flinching DMG if they are hit with an ice attack.

Side B- Barrier of Frost- Sub-Zero forms a brief barrier of ice in front of him to shield himself from incoming attacks. Along with that, opponents who touch the barrier of frost will be frozen in place while receiving minimal DMG. The shield has a small hit-box range, so opponents need to be right next to him in order to be frozen, but it allows for a quick follow up attack from Sub-Zero once the shield is gone (you cannot cancel out of the shield). Opponents who attack Sub-Zero when he forms the shield will be frozen in place like a statue for a couple seconds and receive minimal DMG. Because it leaves Sub-Zero completely open at the back and is not a long shield, this special is best done as a reaction or to absorb a projectile. Absorbing a projectile with this shatters the barrier but deals half the original DMG of the projectile to Sub-Zero and no knockback but can be tricky to pull off at the right moment.

Up B- Tombstone Teleport- Sub-Zero crosses his arms in front of him and falls backward into a portal made of solid ice directly behind and under him. Once he submerges into the portal, another portal instantly appears a short distance above him (about as high as say Roy's recovery height) where he will leap from and deliver an ice blast from his palms that can freeze opponents in the air.

Down B- Ice Clone- Sub-Zero backflips backward and in his place where he just stood is a perfect ice statue of himself. The ice statue stays in effect for 5 seconds before shattering and has a few different uses. First, if opponents attack or make any contact with an ice clone they receive minimal DMG and are instantly frozen solid. Second, Sub-Zero can use them as cover since each ice clone can one hit before breaking which can be helpful for melee attacks (or useless for spammed range attacks like Fox's blaster). Finally, Sub-Zero can press any attack button next to the ice clone and he will pick the ice clone up which can now be used as a throwing projectile by Sub-Zero. You can place up to 3 ice cones on the stage at a time, but there is a lag between the backflip and the ice clone, so you can't spam it, but this allows Sub-Zero to space out his ice clone traps. Especially annoying to opponents if done in the air as he descends!

Final Smash- Fatality! - Sub-Zero performs a medium-distance ice slide forward from where he initiated the final smash. After catching opponents in the attack, the screen goes black and the opponents are seen standing in a dizzy state in a new location, a flat stage similar to an arena in Mortal Kombat. As the opponents are in their dizzy state, a loud voice yells "Finish Them!" "Finish Him!" or "Finish Her!" depending on who is caught in the smash. As the voice yells this, Sub-Zero releases a large blast of ice directly at the opponents, freezing them where they stand starting from the feet up. As the opponents are frozen in blocks of ice, Sub-Zero charges up and releases a volley of sharp icicles at the stunned opponents and finishes the final smash off by delivering a large wind up smash attack with an ice hammer he creates. As he swings the hammer into the frozen opponents, they are transported back to the original stage and are sent flying with their DMG and knockback. As the opponents are being sent flying, the deep voice says, "FATALITY!"