Shadows Exposed

When we went through the doorway, it felt like I was being exposed. It was like layer after layer of my skin was being scanned. I felt cold, and warm, alive yet also dead.  I felt light as air as I walked in the dress, but I suddenly felt light headed which was unexpected.

Then my eyes blacked out.

 At first, I felt like I was floating in a black abyss. Then I felt a bright light, slowly becoming in focus. It was one of those moments where it was like you were the only one in the theater and it was pitch black and then the movie starts and blinds your eyes, but instead of some cute movie like Peter Pan, it was my memories. I recognized the images as ones before I was taken. I saw that someone was always seeming to follow me and a strange shadow never matching the figure.

 Wait a minute...........

 I looked up and realized I was the figure. I was seeing what was happening, but it was obvious it wasn't just because of my shadow.

I was always interested in my shadow when I was little. My parents said I would always said I would look at my shadow and say hi to it every day and bye every night, like it was some kind of being that wasn't part of me. I remember going outside, and watching the sun went down and my shadow changing.

I looked again, confused. Why would I be watching my shadow, and who was the person following me, I questioned. There had to be something that connected this all together, but I couldn't decide what it was.

I was suddenly pulled out of memories, and felt my body being held. I immediately snapped my eyes opened. My eyes adjusted again, and I tried to remember what was happening. The guy's chest felt warm against my body, and I sighed slightly. I shoved the guy off of me and almost, and I mean almost, punched him in the jaw. 

When I got a weird look from the poor guy, I said "I am fine lets just keep on going!" I huffed this to him and we started to continue down the hall. I doubted that this wouldn't be mentioned to the owner of this prison. I was not daring to look down and see the monster beneath the skirt.

********

And the author left you at a cliff hanger!

Don't forget to vote, comment about how you feel, and tell your friends!

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 21, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Oceans Magicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें