Chapter 6

Sundays meant Mrs. Rose will walk up the stairs into Luna's bedroom and wake her up.

"A lady is up and ready by 7am!" Mrs. Rose shouted as she entered Luna's bedroom.

Luna jerked awake from the sudden shouting of her mother. She pulled the covers over her head, anticipating it to be pulled away.

As expected, Mrs. rose pulled the covers away from Luna's still body. She turned over onto her stomach and groaned. "It's Sunday," Luna complained. She could feel the disappointment radiating from her mother and eventually sat up with a sigh.

"Your father and I are going to a children's charity event after breakfast," Mrs. Rose said at the breakfast table. "You must come along."

"Children's charity event? I didn't hear anything about that. Where is it?"

"At the Grand Hall in the city."

Luna was excited. She hadn't been to a children's event since last month when her children's center held a sports day.

After breakfast, Luna went back into her room to change. She put on a peach colored, loose pant and a loose white t-shirt with a pair of white sneakers. She was excited and ready for the day with the children!

When Luna and her parents arrived at the Grand Hall, Luna immediately went to where the children were. While interacting with the children at the event, Luna was handed an infant to hold.

"His mother is helping in the kitchen right now," a woman said. "I have to go back and help as well." Luna gently cradled the baby boy in her arms and rocked him from side to side, still surrounded by children of all ages.

The infant started to squirm in her arms so Luna started walking around to soothe him. She got to a quieter spot close to a corner and stopped, glancing out to the rest of the room where everyone else was either eating, playing games or just enjoying themselves.

"I didn't know you had a baby," a voice said, surprising Luna. She turned around and saw a pair of familiar dark brown eyes.

It was Grayson. He was wearing a fitted light gray t-shirt and light blue jeans with casual shoes. He was standing there with one hand in his pant pocket and the other down by his side.

"Oh," Luna replied. "He's not mine."

"Ahhh." Grayson took his hand out of his pocket. "I was afraid you were already a Mrs."

Luna was confused by his words. 'What is he trying to say here?' Luna thought as she gently rocked the baby. "Oh... no. I'm not married."

"I'm glad to hear that." Grayson stepped in closer to Luna and the baby. Luna furrowed her eyebrows, still confused about what Grayson was trying to get at. Grayson reached for the baby in her arms and with his index finger, tapped the baby's nose. The baby blinked and looked up at Grayson. Luna found herself staring, mesmerized by Grayson. When she realized she was gawking at Grayson, she pulled her eyes away from his handsome face.