Chapter 21

***Work and school has started again so I might be a little slower on updating, but please bear with me. I appreacite everyone's support for my story and I hope you continue to enjoy it!***

------------------------------------------------------

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Sitting on the couch of the living area, Luna stared at the wall clock above the television. It is half past 11; almost lunchtime. She played with her fingernails as she nervously waited for the doorbell to ring; for Grayson to pick her up for lunch.

The doorbell rang and Luna's heart skipped a beat. 'Calm down,' Luna thought. She didn't want it to seem obvious that she was feeling nervous. "I've got it, Nana." She walked over to the door and opened it. Behind the door stood Grayson. He was dressed in a casual gray button-up shirt and black pants; his hair was nicely swept to the left side. Luna couldn't help but think that Grayson is very handsome.

"After you," Grayson said. They got into Grayson's car and he drove off.

"I'm sorry for head-butting you last night," Luna blurted out, breaking the silence. "You grabbed me so suddenly; I just reacted."

"I apologize for surprising you like that last night."

"And I wanted to thank you for the night you took me home. I really appreciated it."

"It was my pleasure." Luna could hear a sense a smile without having to look at him. Feeling a little less nervous, Luna asked Grayson where they were going.

"You'll see," and Grayson kept driving.

Grayson pulled into a parking lot of what seemed like a park. "Here we are," Grayson said as he parked his car and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"I thought you said we were going to get lunch." Confused, but Luna undid her seatbelt and got out of the car after Grayson.

"We are." They both closed the door and Luna followed behind Grayson.

They got on the grass and deviated from the cement pathway. As they walked, no one said a word. Luna wondered where they were going. She looked ahead, in front of Grayson and noticed something in the distance. There was a big tree, whose branches hung out far and wide creating a sort of umbrella for everything below it. As Luna's eyes followed the tree's beautiful branches down to the trunk, she saw a wooden table, set for a meal and two wooden chairs.