Chapter 5

"Luna. This is Noah," William said referring to the man in the dark gray suit. "He couldn't make it to the date last night so he came to the party."

Luna was taken by surprise. She wasn't expecting her missing date from last night to show up at her sister's party. She looked up at his face. Noah has greenish-gray eyes and short, light brown hair. He is about a head taller than Luna so about... 6 feet tall. He has a medium build and Luna could tell he works out due to the visible muscles showing through his tight blazer jacket. 'He's cute,' Luna thought and caught herself staring at him.

"Hi Luna. It's wonderful to finally to meet you." He held out a hand for a shake and Luna took it. "William has told me wonderful things about you."

"Hi Noah. It's nice to meet you too." 'Good grip,' Luna thought.

"We'll leave you two at it then," William said as he ushered his wife away from Luna and Noah.

"I'm truly sorry about last night. I got called into a meeting that went overtime and—"

"It's okay," Luna interrupted. She had already forgotten about last night. She didn't want to dwell over something she didn't have any control over.

The two engaged in a friendly conversation until they were interrupted by man in a black suit. "Grayson!" Noah exclaimed in surprise. "I didn't know you were coming."

"

Luna noticed the dark brown eyes and dark brown hair of this Grayson guy. He is a little taller than Noah with a little bit more build. She felt herself being mesmerized by the darkness of Grayson's eyes. She quickly snapped back to the moment and pulled her gaze away. She started feeling out of place because Noah and Grayson were talking. Before she was able to slip away, a deep voice asked, "Who is this beautiful lady here?"

It was Grayson. "Oh. Grayson, this is Luna. Luna, this is my friend Grayson." Grayson held out a hand for a shake. For whatever reason, Luna hesitated for a second before taking his hand. Grayson's grip was strong, but gentle.

"Lovely to meet you, Luna."

"Nice to meet you too," Luna said pulling her hand away from Grayson's.

"So, Luna is the one whom I couldn't meet last night due to the meeting I was stuck in."

"Oh. Your blind date." Luna pushed on a smile. She was feeling very awkward and so she decided to leave.

"I'm going to the ladies' room."

"Oh," Noah said. "Okay. I'll be here."

Luna rushed away from Noah and his friend Grayson. She was a little disappointed. She felt that it was going well with Noah, but then Grayson showed up. 'He is quite handsome,' Luna thought imagining Grayson's chiseled jawline.

"So?!" Celeste and Angel rushed up to Luna, whom didn't go to the restroom, but just to the other side of the room. "What do you think of Noah?" Celeste asked excitedly. The mention of Noah's name chased away the Grayson's image.

"You scared me!" Luna quietly screeched.

"Do you like him?"

"Does he like you?" Celeste was so excited. "Where is he? Why aren't you with him?"

"Noah is with his friend."

"Oh," Celeste and Angel sighed.

Later that evening, Luna got hungry so she went over to the refreshments table to make herself a plate of food. As she picked up a piece of cake as the last item for her plate, she noticed someone standing next to her. She looked up to see that it was Grayson.

"Oh hi," Luna blurted out in surprise, almost jumping back.

"Hi again," Grayson said just looking at Luna.

"Oh," Luna put down the serving spoon. "Let me get out of your way." Luna thought she was in the way of the food that Grayson wanted so she scooted to the side. Grayson moved with her.

"What do you think about my friend?" Grayson stood in front of Luna with his arms across his chest.

"What do I think about Noah?" Luna was caught off guard. She didn't know how to respond. 'Is this guy asking me what I think about his friend?' Luna thought to herself. She said the first thing that popped to her mind. "Uh... He's nice."

"He is a pretty nice guy," Grayson agreed. "Do you like him?"

"Ummm... I— "

"Enjoy your food," Grayson said before she could finish her sentence and walked away.

"Okaaay." 'That was weird,' Luna thought. She brushed the strange incident aside and sat down to enjoy her plate of food. She couldn't help her mind from thinking back to the mysteriously allure of Grayson. She doesn't even know who he is, but he had caught her attention. 'I doubt I caught his.' Pessimism appeared as Luna began feeling insecure. For the rest of the night, Luna didn't see Noah or Grayson.

"I knew it," Luna muttered to herself. "I wasn't expecting anything anyways." But Luna was. She thought that she and Noah had hit it off during their time couple minutes together, but it must have been her imagination. Noah didn't even bother to say goodnight before leaving the party. 'Oh well. Another unsuccessful date, even though it wasn't a date.'

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for continuing to read He Loves Me. I started writing a new story, CRUSH and would love it if you give it a read and let me know what you think!

------------------------------------------------------

***So, I was up early today because my nephew decided to wake up and cry. I'm still tired... But he is an angel!

I hope you are all enjoying your week so far!***