Chapter 7

Sabrina's POV

It was my last day at home. If I say I was ashamed of myself, I would be wrong. I was more than that. I felt disgusted to the person  who looks back at me in the mirror. I am coward.

Since my childhood, I was a warrior. I stayed strong. But now I have no strength  to fight anymore. I have let Mom and Dad down. All I wanted to do is make them happy. BUt now they will be so disappointed.  I can't face them. I am sure Hamza's parents will call anytime.

That was so sweet of Hamza that he didn't say anything back at me. The guy deserves happiness.  He deserves love, which I won't be able to give him.

There is no such thing as love and I know it. Pouring your heart to anyone else's is a stupidity. They just only break it. I can't repeat my mistake. All men are same. And strong people does not repeat their mistakes.

I felt a rush of guilt. I can't even imagine how Hamza is feeling right now. But he needed to know that I am not a good person. I'm selfish and I'm coward. I am weak.  I said yes, for my own selfish reason. I thought it will end all the fights and at the end of the day it will give me peace.

It the end it was always me. Me who is selfish. Me, who is coward to break her parents' heart. Me, who tried to ruin one innocent guy's life.

"I'm sorry, Hamza. I really am." I said out loud. But it's me. I can't say sorry. I have never said sorry. Since my childhood, I was forced to say sorry, where I've never done anything. But today, I have done wrong. But my past made me that much thick that I can't even say sorry when the entire fault is mine. When I have done something worst.

I can't face Mom and Dad. So I decided I would leave today. I was supposed to leave tomorrow. But I'll leave today. Yeah, I am running away like a coward. 

I was packing my stuff when Mom came to my room-

"Why are you packing now?" MOm said looking at me. I was stuffing my things.

"I..um.." I couldn't complete, MOm said

"Today we are gonna have dinner with the khans. Be ready. Okay?" said Mom.

"Okay?" I was shocked. Dinner? Wasn't Hamza supposed to call off the wedding? Didn't he tell his parents?

MOm took my okay? as an answer and left my room. My brain was now clouded with thoughts. I reached for my phone, which I threw away when I came home and didn't even glanced at it.

I turned it on and saw texts from many people, Alice and my university friends. But one text caught my attention. It was Hamza's.

"We need to talk. Can we meet?" ~H 

My whole body turned cold. He wanted to talk. I knew it will be a public humiliation. BUt it will also be an opportunity for me to  at least say something close to sorry.

"Yeah, sure. We can" ~S

I replied and Hamza immediately replied.

"Is it okay, if I pick you up in my car?" ~H

I almost chuckled to see the text. BUt why is he being so nice, when all he wanted to do is public humiliation and then drop the bomb on the family dinner?

So now, I can't leave today. So I stopped packing and went downstairs.

"Hamza called me and asked if he could take you out for lunch." said Dad who was sitting on a sofa.

"Yeah, he asked me as well." I said while sitting on the couch.

"It will be good. You guys will have some time before you leave and also we won't be able to give you guys privacy on the dinner." Mom smiled.