Meanwhile...

Papyrus had carried Frisk in his arms silently, deciding to bring him back home in case he came back to treat his own wounds, before noticing a small yellow flower appear out of nowhere. There was only one monster in all of HOME that looked like one, and that was Flowey the flower. Honestly, Papyrus just couldn't believe that Flowey was allowed out of his pot.

"Flowey? Wha-what are you doing here?" he asked as he stopped in front of the flower. "Have you seen Chara? We have a score to settle, but he ran off like a cowardly human."

"Since when were you into fighting? Nevermind, forget about that," Flowey said as he looked up at Frisk in his arms. Despite his confusion with the skeleton, there was other matters to discuss. Chara wasn't going to live forever, and he wanted to go back to his side as soon as possible. "How's Frisk?"

Of course, those words didn't settle well for Papyrus. Without a second thought, he fired a bone at the flower, purposely missing. His only intent was to scare the flower into giving up wherever Chara was hiding. If anyone were to know where to find that evil creature, it would definitely be Flowey. "Where's Chara?! Where is he?!"

"You don't scare me! I've seen your attacks." Flowey glared at the tall skeleton before saying, "besides, there's nothing you can do to me that will make me betray him. He's my brother, and I'll stand by him forever!"

"Brother? You call that murderous monster a brother?" Papyrus couldn't help it. He squeezed his eyes shut as if to prevent the tears that he was ready to shed. He gestured to the child in his arms before saying, "wasn't Frisk your brother? Family doesn't mean anything to a thing like Chara! He... He took away everything from me. I can't let him get away with killing my brothers!"

Flowey stared at Frisk in his arms, noticing how the bruises began disappearing from his skin. That's when he realized something. As Chara grows weaker by the minute, Frisk is getting stronger. That had to be the only explanation for this. Chara did say that everything would be fixed if he dies for good this time.

"Chara is not a thing! I know he did some bad things before, but it wasn't his fault. That thing inside him is to blame for everything. Even now, Chara is fighting him... Fighting him until his very last breath." Just then, he noticed some movement from Frisk before saying, "Chara is literally dying, trying to make everything right. He wants to fix everything, and bring back your brother. He's going to make sure that Player never comes back to this timeline by destroying himself."

"... N...O..." Frisk squeezed his eyes tightly before moving a bit in Papyrus's arms. He weakly opened his eyes before looking down at the flower below. "W-we have... We have to save Chara. We can't let him go through with this..."

Papyrus looked down at Frisk before hugging him tightly, glad to have someone back. Tears fell down his face as he said, "human! You're okay! Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, Papy. How long have I been out?" Frisk asked, only to get a confused look from the other two. "And where's Chara? We have to find and save him. Killing himself is not the answer. There has to be another way to stop Player from coming back."

"Chara is home. He went back to the castle, towards the flowers. You're too late to save him, Frisk. It's just like last time. He's dying just like he wanted to." Flowey waited until Frisk was placed on his feet before saying, "you should hurry. I'm sure he wants to see you before he goes."

"Thanks Flowey." With one look at Papyrus, Frisk said, "don't blame Chara for this. He couldn't control his body." With that, Frisk ran off after Flowey. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, only to realize that he was being followed by the bigger skeleton. He gave Papyrus a quick smile, glad that his friend was coming along before looking back in front of him.