To be alone

"You're better off without me, Frisk. I can never be saved by anyone, just like it's impossible for me to go back to that time. I'm meant to kill. That's my only purpose in life, so stop trying. I don't understand why you have so much faith in me when I have done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt." Chara started backing away, avoiding his friend's eyes. The voice in his head was painfully clear that he would never be able to change, even if he wanted to, he wouldn't know where to start. He's been doing this for far too long. "Why are you still with me after everything I did? What do I have to do to get you to finally give up on me?"

Frisk shook his head no, not wanting his friend to think like that. "I'm not leaving you, Chara. You're my friend, and no matter what happens with us, I'm not going to give up on you." Stepping closer to him, Frisk took Chara's hand in his, giving his friend a friendly smile. "No matter what happens, we'll go through it together, so let's go."

"No. You need to leave me alone, Frisk. You don't understand why I can't be seen with you right now," Chara pulled his hand away from Frisk, knowing for a fact that Alphys must have called Undyne by now to tell her what had happened. News about Sans had to be spreading already, and if he wasn't careful, Frisk would get caught up in it. "Undyne will be coming after me. Papyrus too, if he's heard. If you don't want any trouble, you have to go now while you still can."

Frisk shook his head no, standing firmly in his place. "I'm not leaving you." Despite the fact that Chara was beginning to grow annoyed with him, he wasn't about to stand down. Undyne wouldn't attack him, not until they were separated, but it would really be another story if Papyrus found out about his brother. Not only that, but whatever's inside Chara is growing stronger every time he kills someone. He has to keep him from fighting, before Chara's monster kills everyone. "I'm the only one who can keep you from fighting. Chara, I don't want you to lose control over that thing inside you. I'm not going anywhere, not when you need me."

"I don't need you! I don't need someone to hold me back!" Pushing him away, Chara hoped that Frisk would get the hint and run off, but grew frustrated when he found it didn't work. "Damn it, Frisk! Go home now! I don't need a babysitter! I don't need you to keep watching me in an attempt to turn me good again!"

After a while of going back and forth arguing, both boys were growing angry at each other before Chara grew silent. He listened to their surroundings carefully before pushing Frisk down to the floor. Without realizing what was going on, Frisk looked up at his friend as a familiar blue spear flew over them. Undyne was here, and she was angry.

"You. You killed him." As Undyne stepped forward, the two realised she was in her full battle armor. To Chara, the challenge was gladly accepted, but to Frisk, watching Undyne walk towards them with tears running down her face was one of the worst things he could ever see. He hated seeing her so upset, figuring that she probably heard about the news. Many monsters have died by Chara's hands, and Undyne couldn't do anything to stop it. "You've killed so many kind monsters and took Sans away from his brother. You don't deserve to live!"

"Undyne, wait! Don't hurt him!" Frisk shouted as he stood in front of Chara, arms out as if to protect him. Chara seemed surprised by his action for a bit, unable to believe what he was seeing. "Please, Undyne. We don't have to fight!"

She shook her head no, unable to believe that sweet, little Frisk was defending the cruel, evil Chara. It was almost like he didn't understand why she had to do this. After she got the call from Alphys about Chara's attack, it wasn't long until Asgore called her, asking her to finish the job Sans couldn't. She knew what it meant for that job to be past down to her. Asgore wanted to do whatever it takes to keep Chara from killing everyone and moving to the human world. She has to kill both Frisk and Chara for the safety of both worlds.