"He bought you a broom?"

After the endless month of August, September 1st was finally here and that meant Hogwarts time. Kayli had to admit that this was the first time she was actually excited for school to start.

She got up super early, and was waiting downstairs for her brothers. They were already to go when they heard a tap at the window.

Opening it, an Eagle owl flew in with a long package attached to its feet. It dropped it on the island and then left.

"What's this?" Her father said.

Slade looked at the name the package was addressed to. "It's for Kayli."

Asher opened the package and his mouth dropped open. "It's a broom."

"A broom?" Her father called out.

Jessa pulled out a piece of paper. "And there's a note."

"Give it here." Her father snapped his fingers.

Jessa moved it away from him. "It's addressed to Kayli, she's the only one who has the right to read it. if she wishes to read it out loud that's her choice."

Kayli smiled at her stepmother as she handed the note to her. Over the past month she had almost come to be able to stand her, maybe even like her a little. She read the note out loud.

Dear Kayli,

I saw you looking at this in the store. My apologies for tackling you. Hope to see you at school.

Kind regards,

D.

Kayli smiled as her dad took the note from her hands. "Whose D?"

Kayli laughed. "It stands for Draco, dad. He's a boy I met when I met Luna."

"Oh good, a boy who buys my daughter a broom." Her father waved his hands in the air.

"Well grab it and let's go. Or else you're going to miss the train." Jessa said handing the broom to Kayli.

All the way to Kings Cross Station, Kayli continued to admire the broom. She couldn't believe he had bought it for her.

Upon reaching Platform 9 and 3/4 the family said their goodbyes.

"You three be good. Kayli watch out for your brothers."Her father hugged her.

"I will Dad." Kayli rolled her eyes.

Talia hugged her big sister. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Tal." Kayli gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll miss my brothers too." Talia said giving them both hugs.

Kayli turned to Jessa and gave her a side hug. "See ya."

Jessa laughed. "See ya."

Kayli boarded the train with her two younger brothers, she searched the first few carts til she found Luna, who was sitting with a tall dark haired boy.

The three sat down, and waved to their parents as the train took off.

Once left the station, Kayli turned to Luna. "Aren't you going to introduce us?"

"Right. Kayli, Slade, Asher, this is Neville Longbottom. Neville this my friend Kayli and her brothers." Luna smiled.

"Hello." Neville smiled.

"Kayli's a seventh year." Luna said to the boy.

"Cool. What about you guys?" Neville said turning to the boys sitting next to him.

"I'm a first year and he's a fourth year." Asher smiled.

"Nice." Neville answered.

Kayli turned to Luna. "Guess what I got this morning?"

"What?" Luna said excited.

Kayli took the broom from the top rack and unwrapped it showing Luna and Neville.

"Where'd you get that?" Neville asked.

"Draco bought it for me. Got it from his owl this morning." Kayli said, putting the broom back up.

"Draco, as in Malfoy?" Neville asked.

"That's the one." Luna added.

"Malfoy that's an interesting last name." Slade said.

"Have you guys seen him? I'd like to thank him for the broom." Kayli smiled.

"Yeah he's in the last cart." Luna said to her friend.

Kayli turned to her brothers. "You two going to be okay?"

Slade laughed. "Yeah you find Broom Boy."

Kayli smacked him in the head before leaving the cart.

She went to the last cart, it took her a while to get there. She got looks from kids as she made her way into the less cheery side of the train.

Upon reaching the cart, she saw Draco, and across from him was a tall, dark, boy. She sat down next to Draco causing this boy to sit up. She shook off the look he was giving her and tapped Draco's knee as he didn't look up from his book.

"Go away, Pansy." Draco snarled.

"Try again." Kayli laughed.

Draco poked his head over the book and smiled to see it was the girl that had been invading his thoughts the past month.

"Hi there." She smiled.

"Hey." He blushed.

"I wanted to say thank you for the broom. It must of cost a fortune." Kayli said.

Draco sat up and he could meet her eyes. "No, not really. It was my pleasure."

The boy across from them coughed and Draco turned to him. "Kayli this is Blaise Zabini, Blaise this is Kayli."

Blaise held out his hand and Kayli shook it. "Kayli Parker. Nice to meet you."

"You as well." Blaise said, standing up.

"I hope you're not leaving because of me." Kayli seemed concerned.

"No I'm going to go find Pansy." Blaise said, leaving the cart.

Kayli turned back to Draco. "Hi."

Draco laughed. "Hey."