Chapter One

A tall, lean empress sat on her throne. She was young, inexperienced, and power hungry. She was slumped over, leaning on her hand, tapping a foot with boredom. Her face was flawless and her long black hair flowed down to her waist. Her horns were long and curved, jetting out from the top of her head. Her skin was light grey, and her eyes were yellow with black pupils, fuchsia irises standing out. She had a long black dress on with fuchsia stripes that were positioned such a way that they shaped the symbol for Pieces.

A long fuchsia carpet extended from the base of her throne, down several stairs and across the room, stopping at two giant wooden doors. On either side of the carpet were her new subjects, all facing the doors. In front of the stairs, a dozen guards stood, silver swords out and ready to protect the empress. They all had different variants of blue armor and helmets on.

The empress sat up, tucking her hair behind her fins, as one of the doors glowed pink and the other electric blue before swinging open.

A giant, bulky man strode through, walking down the carpet towards the empress. As he passed, the trolls on either side of the carpet bowed down before him.

The man had black, messy hair with two giant horns, that curved every few inches, extending from his head. He had white face paint on, his dark grey skin only showing around his eyes, mouth and under his eyes. He wore long, baggy purple pants with large grey circle outlines all over them. The coloring of them around his waist was black, extending only around the pelvis, where a purple symbol for Capricious was. He had a tight black shirt on with purple stripes and cloth cuffs around his lower arms, also black with purple stripes. A black leather rope was fastened across his chest, from one shoulder to his waist. A clip on the back held a white club with purple strands around the top and middle of the handle.

As he stood in front of the young empress, he unfolded his hands to reveal a beautiful gold band that he placed on top of her forehead, the ends of the band disappearing into her hair. Linear to her eyes, the gold extended into two sharp acute angles, facing each other. There was a fuchsia gem in the pointed part of the band to match the color of her blood. The man also held out a golden choker and she took it, putting it around her neck.

When she had finished fastening it, the man stood back next to her throne as she pulled herself up from her throne.

"I present to you, your new empress, Her Imperious Condescension!" Said the man, in a loud, deep voice. All of the trolls in the room cheered, bowing down to their young ruler.

The guards filed the guests out of the throne room and the doors glowed again before closing.

Her Imperious Condescension had sat back down and looked up at the man. A young boy stood next to him, dressed in violet pants and a formal violet shirt, the symbol for Aquarius imprinted on a black belt around his waist. The boy kneeled, pulling out a tall golden trident. He handed it to the empress, stepping back a bit.

"This is Orphaner Dualscar. He is in training to be the cheif of your army," said the man, who was grinning.

"Thank you, Grand Highblood," she replied. "Nice to meet you, Dualscar."

Dualscar said nothing. "He's a bit shy, Condy. Sorry about that," chuckled GHB.

The boy had horns like lightning and fins like Condy's. She squinted at him for a moment but returned her focus to GHB.

"I talked to you about the hemospectrum yesterday. I want it even more enforced than before," she said, the sound of power clearly emitting from her voice.

GHB rubbed his hands together greedily, stopping to peel yellow blood out from underneath his fingernails.

"You do remember what I requested, don't you?" He asked her. "I want some of your blood for my walls. To paint the miraculous miracles the messiahs have foretold."

Condy frowned but held out her left arm. "Yes, I remember."

GHB licked his lips before raking his sharp nails down her arm. He took a bottle out of his pocket and let the fuchsia blood flow in. The young empress flinched once but shook it off; her blood was the most precious blood of all the trolls in her kingdom and beyond. Her blood would spill for the Grand Highblood for the time being. When she found her lover, her blood would only belong to them.

Dualscar stayed in the castle with the empress and GHB went back to his dark fortress on the other side of her kingdom. The empress grew fond of the boy, and he her. But he was always getting into trouble, so she took the position of being his moirail. When he turned 7 sweeps, he left her to train to be the commander of her army and also collect young troll and grub's lusi to feed to Condy's very large and hungry lusus.

Condy enjoyed being in control, but even more, she loved being feared.