{29}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
FEBRUARY, 2016

    Emery was ready to crush Slytherin. By this point, her and Hayden worked like a well oiled machine that could take down anyone. She didn't care that the Slytherin team had Maverick, she stilled planned to crush them.

    "Don't think this is an easy win. The last time we saw Slytherin play the team was at odds with each other, who knows what will happen. But I swear, if we don't win this game, I will skin each one of you alive." Olivia's words sounded threatening but to Emery she looked like a puppy -- and she wasn't going to be scared of a goddamn puppy. "Now let's get out there and win."

    One thing was for certain, this was not going to be easy. It seemed like they kicked Conner off the team and replaced him with a fourth year; and so far, they were winning. Emery could see Olivia take the quaffle and speed down towards the Slytherin hoops. Emery saw a bludger coming towards Olivia and sped towards her, hit the bludger to Hayden, who then sent it to Maverick with a smirk.

    Slytherin wasn't ahead by much, if Estelle just got the snitch then they would win, but it seemed that neither Ravenclaw nor Slytherin has seen the snitch. Emery herself couldn't look for it, too busy making sure that people didn't get hit, but she heard the crowd when they finally saw it.

    Emery spun out of the way when Estelle came racing towards her. She clutched her broom so tightly that her knuckles were turning white. She spun so fast that she felt nauseous. She heard the crowd cheer as Ravenclaw scored a point, but Emery had a headache hit her.

    "C'mon Em!" She heard Iain yell. "Get in the game! Focus!" Emery pushed down the nausea that was coming up her throat and forced herself to continue flying. 

    Luckily, Estelle decided to hurry up and she caught the snitch. The Ravenclaw side, along with a few people from other houses, exploded in cheers. But Emery just wanted to throw up.

    "You okay Em?" She heard Olivia ask next to her.

    "Fine. Just didn't expect to go upside down. We should go take a shower, we have a party to go to." 

    It was the first time Emery actually gave a try in her outfit. She put on makeup and threw on a leather jacket over a white T-shirt and a skater skirt. She wore combat boots and put her wand in her right boot. She let Olivia do something with her hair since she was rubbish at doing her hair. With all the confidence in the world, she went straight to the Room of Requirement where the party was being held for years 5 - 7.

    She remembered how Nathan used to saw that they were always the ones who threw the party so at one point in time fourth years were allowed but that stopped when they became fifth years. 

    Emery didn't really care about that. She came to get wasted. And wasted she got. She wasn't sure how many drinks she had or how many shots she took, but she found herself on the dance floor. She was dancing by herself until someone came up behind her and she immediately started to dance with them. At least until someone grabbed her and dragged her away.

    "What the hell are you doing Emery?" Olivia snapped at her and Emery saw the fire in her eyes, but she just didn't care.

    "I'm dancing, I'm having fun, I'm happy." Emery said the last word with a twirl but she regretted it when she felt nausea start to come up for the second time that day. You should try it, maybe then you won't act like you have a stick up your arse." Emery started giggling and pulled Olivia with her back to the dance floor. "C'mon Liv, live a little." Emery started laughing at her own use of words and spun Olivia around. "Please Liv, dance with me." Olivia began to give in, until she saw how sick Emery looked.

    "C'mon, bathroom, now." Olivia dragged Emery to the bathroom and kicked open one of the stalls. Emery immediately fell to her knees and started to puke her guts out with Olivia holding her hair. "You done?" With a nod, Olivia let go of Emery's hair and sat down while Emery turned her body and faced her. Emery didn't understand why Olivia began freaking out until Emery brought a hand up to her mouth, expecting to feel some sort of puke there but it wasn't puke.

    It was blood.