{06}

( TEDDY )

( TEDDY )

HOGWARTS
SEPTEMBER, 2015

Teddy Lupin was a curious person. He would travel through the halls of Hogwarts, taking the Marauders Map from Harry's office, ( Teddy still believes Harry never found out about that ) and find the best ways to get books from the Restriction section of the library. Maybe it was how his own parents are a mystery, but Teddy always liked to figure stuff like this out.

Stuff like Emery Grey.

He never noticed her before. She was a year below him and mostly kept to the shadows. He has heard that she was a little odd. He heard from Conner - who was Maverick's friend - that she was nice, blunt, little bit crazy but in a good why. Of course he wouldn't say anything bad about her, being Olivia's best friend, but it was something. Sometimes she would trail off in conversations but Conner just thought that was because she had too many thoughts going through her head. She had lots of secrets, but he wasn't sure how many were her own.

Maybe it was the way Olivia said, "It isn't my secret to share. If you want to know, you'll have to ask her yourself" but Teddy couldn't drop his curiosity for the girl.

"Teddy, hellooooo, you there?" Hayden waved a hand in front of his face, trying to get him to focus back to the Transfiguration paper. A class he was naturally good at but he was never good at focusing. That's why Hayden was there. She was amazing at focusing on something, able to give her complete attention to one thing and block out the rest of the world. "Nice to see you back here. C'mon, we have to get this paper done or McGonagall will kill us."

Hayden swiped her auburn red hair behind her ear, the short choppy locks getting caught in front of her face. Teddy's eyes flicked down to her Ravenclaw tie and Prefect badge.

"Hayden, how much do you know about Emery Grey?"

She eyed him with suspicion, her face showing how much she found the question odd. "Not much, she's pretty quiet and not in the common room much anyways, why?"

"No reason. She's just different, I guess I'm just curious."

Hayden's expression softened, she looked like a small baby animal that needed to be taken care of. ( But Teddy would never say that out loud, he didn't want his arms ripped off ). She put a scrap piece of paper in her spot in the book before closing it. Setting her homework aside for a moment showing this is what she was focused on. "Teddy, please leave her alone. Her business isn't our business. Her secrets are her own and none of us have any right to go budding into them."

"Haven't you seen her though? Talking to thin air?"

"Yes, but that isn't my concern. She does it when she thinks no one is watching, and that's fine. I don't care what she sees or what she thinks she sees, none of that is our problem. Now, let's finish this paper," and that was the end of that discussion.