Chapter 28 - Plaited Hair and Daisies

Lucy's POV

Waking up from my nap, I rubbed my tired eyes. "Did you have a good nap Lucy?" I heard Freed's voice say, I nodded. I noticed the guild was a little bit quieter than usual. Looking around I notice Papa and Big Brother wasn't in the guild. "Where did Papa and Big Brother go?" I asked, "they went on a job" Evergreen answered. "When will they be back?" I asked, "in 3 days" Freed answered. "Does that mean I'll be staying with Big Brother Laxus?" I wondered, "yeah" Laxus answered.

"Yay!" I said happily, hugging Laxus tightly. "Alright, we should get going" Laxus said picking me up off his lap and placing me on the floor. Evergreen took the opportunity and picked me up. "I can't wait to get to Laxus' place so I can have some girl time with you" she said and I heard Laxus sigh. We walked out the guild with Laxus leading the group.

"Could I plait Uncle Frweed's hair when we get there?" I asked, "of course!" Evergreen replied. "Excuse me but don't I get a say in this since it is my hair we are talking about?" Freed complained. "Can I please plait your hair Uncle Frweed?" I pleaded, "well... I guess you can" Freed said shyly. "Yay! Uncle Frweed will look so pretty!" I said happily. "Oh, I should invite Reedus to come over and paint a picture to remember?" Bixlow joked. "If you do that I will trap you in one of my enchantments" Freed glared at Bixlow.

I tapped Evergreen's shoulder to get her attention, "yes Lucy dear?" she said. "Down please" I asked, wanting to walk, "sure" she said as she put me on the floor. As soon as my feet hit the floor I ran up to Laxus. He had his arms crossed so I reached my hand out to him, "Big Brother Laxus" I called out to get his attention. "What?" he asked so I signalled my hand with my eyes. "Fine" he sighed, uncrossing his arms so I could hold his hand as we walked.

I was having trouble keeping up with his fast pace so occasionally I had to run. He seemed to have noticed my struggle and slowed his pace. 'I knew it, Big Brother Laxus is kind' I thought as I turned to look up at him. "What?" he asked, wondering why I was looking up at him. "Nothing" I said with a smile.

Soon we arrived at Laxus' place, his house was big with four bedrooms. We entered into the living room and the wall was painted a pale lemon yellow. The black couch was in a L shape, in the middle of the room and was big enough to fit five people. Art decorated the walls with some pictures of the Thunder Legion on jobs.

"Big Brother Laxus why is your house so big?" I asked, "these three always crash here so it's easier to let these three have their own rooms" he answered, emotionlessly. 'He cares a lot about Uncle Frweed, Uncle Bix and Aunty Ever' I thought.

"Obviously, Lucy will be sleeping in my room" Evergreen boasted. I quickly hugged Laxus' leg, "no! I want to sleep with Big Brother Laxus!" I said, pouting. Evergreen dramatically pretended that she had been struck by an arrow. "Oh, my dear sweet Lucy doesn't want to be with her dear sweet Aunty Ever" she said, dramatically holding her hands to her chest.

I looked up at Laxus, "please let me sleep with you Big Brother Laxus" I pleaded. He looked away for a moment to think, "I don't have a problem with it" he replied. I cheered "yay!", jumping up and down while Evergreen was crying, being comforted by Freed and Bixlow.

Laxus walked over to the couch and sat down with his arms crossed. I walked over to Freed, who was still comforting Evergreen, and pulled lightly on his pants. "Can I plait your hair now, Uncle Frweed?" I asked. He looked between comforting Evergreen or getting his hair plaited. "You can plait my hair now, lets move to the couch" he said. We moved to the couch and Freed undid the tie on his hair. "Wait I haven't got Reedus here to paint!" Bixlow exclaimed, "we don't need him" Freed said, sounding a bit annoyed.

I happily plaited Freed's hair while the Thunder Legion had their lively conversations. "Aunty Ever" I called out, "yes Lucy dear?" she replied. "Do you have any flowers?" I asked, "I have some in my room, wait a moment" she replied as she walked up to her room. She soon arrived with a small bouquet of daisy flowers there were white, orange and even pink ones. "Why do you need these?" she asked, "watch" I simply replied as I place a white daisy in Freed's neatly plaited hair.

"What are you doing to my hair now?" Freed asked, a little worried. "Just sit there and be quiet" Evergreen said. Soon I was finished putting the daisies in Freed's hair. "You look so pretty Uncle Freed!" I said happily and Freed quickly ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror. "That doesn't look bad, thank you Lucy" Freed said as he came back into the living room. "I'm glad you like it!" I said happily.

"I need to start cooking dinner" Freed said as he turned towards the kitchen. "Can you cook Uncle Frweed?" I asked, "yes, Bixlow messes up the kitchen and Evergreen burns the food. So, it's my job to cook whenever we come over" he explains. I make an O shape with my mouth in understanding. "What are you going to make?" I asked, "I was thinking Fried Shrimp with Miso soup" he replied. "Oo that sounds yummy!" I said with excitement.

"Go play with the others while I cook, ok?" Freed said, "ok Uncle Frweed" I replied. I ran over to Evergreen, "Aunty Ever can you show me your Fairy magic?" I asked, I was really curious about fairy magic. "Sure" she said as she produced fairy wings from her back and sprinkled gold light that would disappear before it hits the ground. "Wow!" I exclaimed, "your magic is very pretty" I added. "Thank you my dear" Evergreen boasted.

I played with Evergreen and Bixlow until it was time for dinner. "Everyone, dinner is ready" Freed called out from the kitchen.