Chapter 26 - My time with the Thunder Legion

Lucy's POV

After finishing my special dessert that Mira gave me, I waved bye to Big Brother Rogue as I walked over to the Thunder Legion's table and went up to Freed. "Play with me Uncle Frweed" I said as I pulled his shirt lightly. "Sorry what did you say Lucy?" Freed asked, wondering if he heard me correctly. "Play with me Uncle Frweed" I repeated which made Bixlow and Evergreen cracked up laughing. "So, are you going to play with Lucy, Frweed?" Bixlow joked, emphasising the word 'Frweed' which his 'babies' repeated twice.

Freed gave Bixlow a quick glare before getting out of his seat to kneel in front of me. "I'll be happy to play with you Lucy" Freed said, "what would you like to play?" he asked. I thought about it for a minute then my face lit up when I decided what game we should play. "I Spy!" I said happily, "I want Laxus, Uncle Bix and Aunty Ever to play too!" I added. I said Laxus' name normally because he was being a meanie by calling me a 'brat' earlier.

"Hell no, I'm not playing a kid's game" Laxus said, I pouted and crossed my arms. "Come on Laxus" Freed plead, "yeah Laxus, it won't kill you" Evergreen said as she pushed her glasses up. "Fine I'll play" Laxus said giving in, I smiled as walking up to him, "up please" I asked with my hands up. Laxus understood that I wanted him to pick me up. "Ok fine" Laxus sighed picking me up and placing me on his lap. I held onto Laxus' shirt as I sat on his lap, 'he reminds me of Big Brother Gajeel' I thought.

"You and Lucy look so cute together, almost like real siblings" Mira said happily as she walked by our table. "You're just saying that because we are both blonde" Laxus muttered.

"Lucy seems attached to you Laxus" Freed commented, "Lucy, do you like Laxus?" Evergreen asked. "Yeah do you Lucy?" Bixlow asked, and his 'babies' repeated 'do you?' twice. "Yes, I like Big Brother Laxus" I said smiling at Laxus. "Big Brother?" Laxus asked with an eyebrow raised. "Did what Mira said get to your tiny head?" he added. "No" I said as I shook my head. "You're like Big Brother Gajeel, you're big and rude-" I said. Laxus got a bit ticked off from that comment, "but you're really very nice and I feel safe around you" I continued, giving him a hug. I saw his expression soften a bit.

"Aw you're so cute Lucy" Evergreen said lovingly, picking me up off Laxus' lap and hugging me. She nearly squeezed me to death when Laxus quickly intervened by pulling me out of Evergreen's arms and placing me back on his lap again. "What was that for Laxus?!" Evergreen exclaimed grumpily, "back off" Laxus said, with a light tint of red on his cheeks.

"Is Laxus embarrassed?" Bixlow joked and his 'babies' repeated 'embarrassed' twice. "Lets just play the game" Laxus said grumpily, "alright, Lucy would you like to go first?" Freed asked. "Yeah!" I said happily, "eye spy with my little eye" I started saying looking around the guild. "Something beginning with B" I said as I picked an object in the guild. A few suggestions were thrown at me like 'beer', 'barrel', 'banner' and 'bench'. "Is it bar?" Laxus guessed, "yes!" I said clapping my hands.

"You're next Laxus" Freed said, "alright, alright" Laxus replied, then looked around the guild. "Eye spy with my little eye, something beginning with C" he said emotionlessly. We all tried to guess, a few suggestions were 'cup', 'cupboard', 'cat', 'ceiling'. Freed won when he guessed 'carpet', "your turn Frweed" Bixlow joked, he 'babies' repeated 'Frweed' twice. "You're never going to let that go, are you?" Freed sighed.

We played for a few more rounds before we decided that we had enough. I looked over to see what Papa was doing and saw him drinking over and over. "What's Papa doing?" I asked pointing at him, "they're doing a drinking contest" Evergreen explained. "What's a drinking contest?" I asked, "they test to see who can drink the most" Freed explained. I look over at the drinking contest and I wonder what they were drinking. "What are they drinking?" I asked, "ah... juice" Freed said, looking away.

Sounds like fun, "I wanna join in" I said, excitedly. I was about to slide off Laxus' lap but he wrapped an arm around my waist. "That's not a good idea" he said, "why?" I asked curiously. "You wanted to hang out with us, remember" Laxus said, "yeah!" I said giving him a big hug. "Aw! I wish I had a little sister like Lucy" Evergreen said happily.

A sudden thought popped into my head, "what magic do you all have?" I asked, curiously. "I possess Dark Écriture" Freed answered, "what's that?" I asked. Freed was about to answer when Evergreen interrupted him. "Nevermind his magic" she started when Freed exclaimed "hey!", "I have Fairy Magic" she continued. My eyes widened, "are you a fairy?" I asked. "Yes, I am dear" she boasted, "don't lie to her" Bixlow retorted. "I have to agree with Bixlow on this one" Freed commented.

"Forget about her, I have soul magic" Bixlow said, "how rude" Evergreen commented. "You did the same thing" Bixlow retorted, "I don't know what you're talking about" Evergreen replied. Their fight escalated as Laxus and Freed sighed.

"What magic do you have Big Brother Laxus?" I asked, looking up at him. "I'm a Lightning Dragon Slayer" he answered. "Oh! Like Papa, Big Brother Gajeel, Big Brother Sting and Big Brother Rogue? Big Sister Levy told me they were Dragon Slayers" I said happily. "Yeah" he simply replied, "could I see your magic?" I asked him. "Sure" he plainly said showing me his hand. Sparks of lightning danced around his hand, "wow" I said fascinated by his magic.

Suddenly I felt a wave of tiredness and I let out a big yawn. "Are you tired Lucy?" Freed asked, too tired to speak I just nodded. I leaned into Laxus' left arm, that was wrapped around me, getting comfortable. He didn't say a word as he wrapped a part of his jacket over me like a blanket. I gladly held onto the jacket closing my eyes while cuddling into Laxus' chest getting comfortable.

As I was trying to sleep I heard the Thunder Legion talking around me. "She looks so cute when she's sleeping" I heard Evergreen say. "You'll probably make a good father one day Laxus" Bixlow commented. "She definitely seems comfortable in your arms" Freed commented. "Sh, you might wake her up" Laxus said and I feel his arm hug me tighter to his chest. I drifted to dreamland, dreaming about Dragons and Fairies.