Saving Mia (Again?)

As the man drags me away from Damian standing with a little boy in his arms, everything starts to get blurry as the panic sets in. I am no one. I am just a high school student living in small town Colorado. Yet here I am being stolen away with these people thinking a man who hates me is going to come and rescue me. Apparently they think Cole actually cares, and that he would do anything for me. Damian's words keep coming to mind, "He loved you. He would do anything for you." Those thoughts combined with the hickey on my neck make me want to believe, make me hope that Cole will come for me.

I am thrown in the back of a car, not tied up in any way. They know I will not run away. I am terrified, and I do not know where I am. There are two huge men in the front of this car and I am smart enough to know they would overpower me in a second if I attempted anything at all. So I stay quiet in the backseat with my panic slowly start to rise. I am smart, but I am not smart enough to outsmart two grown men, who have definitely planned this long enough to kidnap one child already. My only chance is that someone finds me and saves me. But as the mountains in the distance start to grow, my hope starts fading. They are going to take me into the mountains and kill me. I am going to die. This cannot be happening to me.

It must be the realization that I am actually in this incredulous situation that make me speak up.

"You have to believe me; you have the wrong person. If it is Cole you want, you need to know he will not come for me. Damian told me why he grabbed me; he misread Cole's and my relationship."

I am very surprised at how confident I sound while talking. My hands are shaking and I can feel sweat coating my brow, but my voice is steady.

"Little girl, we too heard Damian's story, and although it is grasping at straws, it was the best action we could take. If he comes for you, we know we have the right person and if he doesn't we will discard of you."

The terrifying finality tone in his voice shuts me up. I stare out the window, trying not to break down in a full blown panic attack. My options are wait for a guy that hates me to come and save me or die.

I am going to die.

I am going to die.

I am actually going to die.

My thoughts go to my mother. She will have lost her husband and daughter within one year. She cannot handle that. She needs me. Then my thoughts take me to the fact that I will not graduate high school. I will never find out if I could make it as an engineer. The fact that those are my thoughts hours before I am going to die make me want to laugh.

Somewhat to my relief (not that anything less of freedom would make me feel relieved in this situation) we do not drive up the mountains. Instead we pull off the main road a few miles before an ascent would have started and pull into the drive way of a huge cabin. Obviously money is not the reason for my capture. I am pulled out of the car and into the house. There I am led into a beautiful living room and placed on the couch.

This whole situation is weird. This is not what I imagine kidnappings to be like. Well, seeing as I was kidnapped by a wolf turned human, this was weird right off the start. The two men sit across from me on another couch. This is the first time I get a really good look of their faces. They aren't old, not what I had fully imagined while staring at the back of their heads for hours, maybe 35, 40 tops. They do not look scary, very intimidating, but not scary. I wonder what they could gain by kidnapping an insignificant girl like me. Both are about 6'4" and are burly. Like retired football players.

The man who spoke in the car speaks up again. "You say Cole does not care for you. What makes you think he will not come for you?"

"Since I have moved to Colorado he has made my life living hell. He does not want me in his life."