The Kidnapping

My head hurts when I wake up. Not just my head actually, everything is in pain! I try to stand up, but my legs give out from under me right away. The room is dark and I have no clue as to where I am. Memories start to stream back to me. Cole and me in the parking lot, driving home, a wolf in the middle of the street. The wolf shifting into a human. No, that must have been some hallucination, I must have been drugged somehow, that could not have actually happened. But then why was I here in this room? If I had been drugged I would be in the hospital right now, right?

I finally will myself to get up and try to find out where I am. My knees knock against each other as I struggle towards the door, and I find myself holding on to the door to stable myself once I reach it. I go to turn the door handle, but to my horror it is locked. I am locked in a dark room. Something is going on and I don't know what. I go to reach for my phone in my pocket only to feel nothing. Now I truly start freaking out, I can feel my breathing become heavier and my hands start shaking. I sink down to the floor against the door and take a deep breath.

What do I remember from my drive home? I was driving and came across a wolf lying on the ground. I stopped and got out. And then it turned into a human, not just a human. The wolf turned into Damian. As much as I want the whole thing to not be real, to wake up in my own room, still thinking werewolves are a myth, deep down inside of me I know what I saw was not a hallucination. So I yell out Damian's name. My voice is hoarse and even if he is here, he would not have been able to hear me, so I try again.

"Damian!" I yell.

"Damian, please!" my forehead is against the door and I am just waiting to hear footsteps coming closer. But there is nothing. Just silence.

It was him on the road. I would have recognized his face, those eyes, anywhere. There is no doubt about it. The only question now is if he is here, or if he left me here to fend for myself.

I run my hands through my hair, tugging at it. I need to figure something out, I cannot be left here all alone. Suddenly my hand catches on a knot in my hair. Not that unusual, but it's not just a knot; it's formed around a bobby pin.

I yank the pin out of my hair. I have no clue how to pick a lock, but I have the choice of trying or sitting here doing nothing.

I shove the pin into the key hole and move it around. Nothing. No big surprise there, but I keep on trying. My hands are shaking and tears are streaming down my face; focusing on picking the lock is the only way I stop myself from completely freaking out. I need to get out of here.

When I find a second bobby pin in my hair a memory comes rushing back of my dad shoving his iPad in my face. "Mia," he had said "look how cool this is. Haven't you always wondered how one picks a lock?" I had rolled my eyes at the gif he had showed me, not really caring. But now I can still somehow picture the moving image in my head. I bend the second bobby pin and leave it in the key hole, then I move the second one, moving it up and down until I hear a few clicks, and then the door is unlocked. I take a huge gulp of air, realizing that I probably have not been breathing for the last minute.

The door slowly opens without making any noise, but I am not yet free. I look down the hallway seeing stairs leading down. I am on a upper floor, meaning I have to get down the stairs without whoever is in this house noticing. I run to the stairs as lightly as I can and rush down the stairs. My heart is beating out of my chest and blood is rushing in my ears. I cannot focus on anything but the front door that is now in front of me. It takes me about five steps to get to the front door. I made it, tears are streaming down my face from relief. But when I press down on the handle it will not move. The front door is locked.