Meeting Cole

(Picture of Cole)
"I can't wait to introduce you to him." Jason tells me as he pulls on my hand for me to start walking towards his car. It's Friday and it is time to go pick up Cole and his father. Jason told me they were in Virginia for a meeting. Cole's father runs some company and Cole is supposed to take over as soon as his father retires so he is learning the trade now instead of going to University. Apparently Cole's mother can't pick them up so Jason offered to pick them up; I don't know why he so desperately wanted me to come, but the more time I get to spend with Jason the better. It's only been a week but it has been an amazing week. Jason is seriously perfect, he is incredibly nice, he's funny as hell and of course there's the fact that he is freaking hot. His friends are pretty awesome as well. I have a lot of classes with Raven and Connor and I got to know them quite well. Raven is a total badass on the outside but on the inside she couldn't be a bigger sweetheart. Not that you could ever tell her that without her beating you up. Connor on the other hand is the biggest asshole to anyone who gets on his bad side (not to point any fingers but ... Alexa) but with his friends he's all quiet and calm. Of course all the others are amazing as well I just haven't got to know them very well yet.

"I want to meet him as well. You've told me so much about him he seems like some kind of God the way you talk about him." I laugh as I squeeze his hand and grab his arm with my other hand. We walk over to the car hand in hand before get in and head to the airport. Jason tells me it is about a half hour drive and I'm hoping there won't be an awkward silence. I can barely imagine it being so since we've spend the whole week together and never once have we not had something to talk about.

"So why are the two of you best friends if he's two years older than you?" I ask as I play with Jason's hand that he has rested on my thigh.

Jason takes hold of my hand intertwines our fingers and says, "Our parents are best friends and I've pretty much known him since the day I returned from the hospital. After he graduated things changed a bit for us since we didn't go to school together but we see each other every day after school so we've stayed close."

"What exactly does he work as?"

"Uhm, just a family business. I don't really know what they do exactly. Cole and I never really talk about it. So how did you like the first week of school?" Jason changes the topic. I don't know why he is suddenly so against talking about Cole, he always was talking about him this whole week, but I don't call him out on it.

"It was awesome. I mean I miss my friends but you guys accepted me so great and all of you were so nice that I feel at home here. Thank you so much." I lean over and place a kiss on his cheek.

"Well I for one am glad that you moved here." Jason says and brings our intertwined hands up to his mouth to kiss my hand.

The car ride goes by in no time and before I know it we're getting out of the car and walking to the arrival. The board in the airport states the plane from DCA arrived fifteen minutes ago, meaning Cole and his father, Mr. Langlois, should be out in a few minutes. Suddenly I feel sort of nervous. What if Cole does not like me? What if we do not get along? Would Jason break up with me? What does he even look like? Surprisingly Jason has not shown me a picture of him. To be honest I am expecting another movie star looking boy - man, whatever he is. All of his friends are gorgeous. Not that he could ever compare to Jason.

"Mia, there they are." Jason nudges me smiling. I follow his finger that is pointed at two people walking through the sliding doors. And suddenly I can't breathe. Forget movie star, forget Greek God, Cole is far beyond any of those terms. My eyes trail over his whole body before they return to his face and they meet his. His eyes are wide as if he is in shock but more than that they are black. Like pitch black, but still they are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. The father and son come closer and I can hear Jason talking in the black ground but blood is rushing in my ears and all I can concentrate on is Cole. His eyes are still fixed on me, as if he is studying me, as if he can't believe I'm standing here. His eyes then flicker down to Jason's and my hands intertwined and he winces before his eyes flicker back to mine and now he is glaring at me. What did I do to him? I then realize what I have been doing and thinking. I'm here with Jason to pick up his best friend and nothing else. Mr. Langlois and Cole have reached us and I can feel heat radiating off of the beautiful human standing in front of me.

"Mr. Langlois, Cole. Nice having you back. May I introduce you to Mia, my girlfriend? She just moved here with her mother, Vanessa." Cole says as he shakes Mr. Langlois' hand. He just called me his girlfriend. I feel faint. I was just admiring his best friend but oh my Gosh he just called me his girlfriend. I look up at Mr. Langlois and he is smiling down at me, I can still feel his son's glare directed at me. I put my hand out and he takes it in his strong grip.

"Ah yes. Bryan told me you were moving here. It is nice to finally meet you." Mr. Langlois says. His voice is deep and you can hear the authority in it, much like Jason's but just so much stronger, "Mia this is my son, Cole." I reach out my hand for Cole to take but he is still staring at me.

"Cole!" Mr. Langlois snaps. Cole shakes his head as if to break out of his daze before he nods at me and takes my hand. As soon as our skin touches sparks shoot through my whole arm and I yank my hand away. I look at Jason to see if he noticed but he's just talking to Mr. Langlois. Cole on the other hand still has his hand out and is staring at me in awe. What did I do? What the hell is wrong with me? I can't be attracted to someone else, I have a boyfriend now. Mia pull yourself together! But what the hell were those sparks? As if there were some current flowing between us. I shake my head and go over to Jason and take his hand in mine. He is my boyfriend.

We walk to the car Jason and I in front of Cole and his father. "Babe is it alright if you sit in the back with Cole? I don't want to put Mr. Langlois in the back." My heart flutters at the endearment. He is so perfect. I feel guilty for even looking at Cole the way I was.

"Of course Jason I don't mind at all." I tell him smiling before I pull him down to give him a peck on the lips. Before our lips touch I am pushed into Jason by a car door that just opened. I turn to see Cole getting in the car. He does not apologize or say anything he just closes the door behind him and glares at his phone. What the hell is his problem?

Jason is already climbing into the driver's seat and Mr. Langlois is seated on the passenger's side so I climb in the car next to Cole. Although there is a small space between the two of us I can still feel the heat radiating off of Cole and I feel dizzy and confused. Why do I feel so damn attracted to him? He's just some guy, well more than just some guy. He's my boyfriend's best friend. I look out of the window and try to ignore whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Unlike the drive to the airport the drive back from the airport seems like an eternity. The air is thick with tension in the back seat; both Cole and I don't say a single word the whole drive. Mr. Langlois and Jason are talking quietly in the front seat, I can't understand much that they are saying. Just a few bits and pieces here and there. "Alexander... Maddie...angry...won't agree...watch over..." I don't know what their conversation is about. Not that I really care, probably about the meeting or their families, something like that.

Only when Jason talks directly to me do I pay attention, "Are you coming over to my house afterwards Mia?"

"Well I don't have anything to do really, so sure that would be great."

"Cole?"

"What?" This is the first time I have ever heard Cole speak and my heart starts beating out of my chest just from his heavenly voice. Mia! Stop it for God's sake!

"You want to come over as well? I can invite everyone over and we can just hang out."

"I have stuff to do." I can't breathe, he needs to shut up before I go crazy right here and now.

Mr. Langlois speaks up, "Take a break Cole, go hang out with your friends. You need to just relax before we get to work again."

Cole just shrugs and doesn't say anything anymore. I am so glad he is not a man of many words, I don't think I could take it.

We drop Mr. Langlois off at his house, which is like the biggest house in the whole town, the most beautiful as well. I can't even say goodbye to the man getting out I am too amazed by the mansion infront of me. Then we drive to Jason's house and get out. Jason's parents are not home so we just head straight to the living room and plop onto the couches. Jason lays against one of the couches arms and pulls up against his chest, placing kisses down my neck. I close my eyes and enjoy the feeling of being in this boy's arms. When I open them I find Cole glaring at his best friend. He glances over at me before he stands up abruptly.

"Excuse me. I have to go to the bathroom." He says. His voice is hoarse and he looks as if he wants to punch something. Is he always this way or is something the matter? Am I the matter?

"More alone time for us." Jason whispers in my ear before he turns me around and starts kissing me. And suddenly all is forgotten and all I can think of is Jason.