Road Trip

I fall asleep on Mom's lap and am only woken up by my Mom shaking me.

"Do you want to go out and get something to eat?" Mom asks me. I grab her wrist to look at her watch and see it is already 2:15 p.m. My head is still killing me so what I would most like to do is keep on sleeping, but I know some food will definitely help. My interrupted breakfast today did not fill me up too much.
But the thought of eating at Karen's kind of irks me , actually the thought of being in this town irks me.

"Mom. Can we get out of the town for today?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. I just need to get out of here."

"How about we go on a little road trip?" Mom asks as we walk through our front door.

"Where to?" Now I am the one asking.

"No where. We will just hit the open road. How does that sound?"

"That sounds like exactly what I need right now."

"Great! So are you going to change into some of your own clothes or were you planning on wearing Cole's T shirt as a t shirt dress? I know those are in now a days." My mother raises her eyebrows at me and I flush bright red.

"Nothing happened." I tell her quickly.

With a smirk she responds, "If you say so."

Driving in the country side has always been one of my favorite things to do. It is always so calming. The open road with just trees and grass surrounding you. It's pretty amazing. For me it feels like nature's hangover cure.
We are about half an hour away from Smith Falls and all houses are finally gone. If we were to continue on this road we would reach Denver, but that would be more than just a day trip.

I am quite enjoying the silence that reigns in the car, but Mom chooses to speak up, "You shouldn't have lied to me yesterday."

I look at her, wondering what exactly she meant. My mom must realize my confusion, because she continues, "About going to the party and getting drunk." I close my eyes and sigh, I had hoped she hadn't noticed. She must have been pretty stupid not too, though. With me coming home early in the morning and looking life shit, it was probably pretty easy to put together.

I open my mouth to speak, but she beats me to it, "Did you really think I go to sleep before I know you are safe?"

Great. She was awake the whole night waiting for me to return. This fact makes me feel even more worse then I already do.

"I am sorry, Mom. I should have come home; I just didn't want to wake you up. Did you stay up all night?"

"Cole called and told me what happened, and I knew you were safe. But I still never want it to happen again."

"Cole did what?" I shriek. That f*cking ass, he actually ratted me out. Who did he think he was?

"Do not get angry at him. He knew I would be worried. He was just being a good friend." Cole? My friend? Yeah, right.

"Some friend. He just can't go one day without being a jerk to me, that is why he did it." I sneer, and glare out of the window.

"Mia!" My mother scolds me. "He did the right thing and you know it. I am not scolding you for getting drunk either. I just wish you would have come home."