«34»

jimin wandered the empty, black hallway, which seemed to stretch on forever. he was dressed in all white, and he was the only source of light in the darkness, save for a bright faraway light at the end of the tunnel. jimin kept attempting to walk towards it, but it seemed like it moved farther away after each step he took. however, there was nowhere else to go, so jimin kept walking.

he heard nothing. there was nothing to hear, nothing to smell, nothing to touch. the only thing he saw was the dark and the light. all he wanted to do was to get out of this place. he had no idea where he was or why he was here; it was as if all of his memories had been completely wiped from his brain. it drove him insane. he stayed in the corridor for what seemed like forever. he had no idea how much time had passed since he arrived in this wretched, dark place.

suddenly, something hit his ears. some kind of voice resonated from the void around him. someone was singing.

taehyung.

he was singing a song that jimin had never heard before; it was the most beautiful sound that jimin had ever heard. jimin felt himself gasp. he needed to get out of here; he wanted so badly to see taehyung again.

taehyung's soulful singing seemed to awaken a spark in him. jimin took a deep breath and began running as fast as he could towards the source of light. for the first time ever, the light seemed to get closer to him after each step he took. he ran and ran and ran until...

    jimin peeled his eyes open. he was greeted by bright, blinding lights shining directly into his face. he let out a groan as his entire body awakened. everything hurt like hell. it felt like his head was going to explode; he was being completely overwhelmed by the rush of pain that flooded into him.

the first thing he saw was taehyung; his eyes were wide open, his jaw was gaped in surprise. jimin's stomach immediately dropped as he saw his boyfriend's disheveled state. he was still in his adorable pajamas and his hair was completely messed up, as if he had just woken up. jimin also couldn't help but notice how taehyung seemed extremely sickly; his skin was pale, dark bags hung under his eyes, and his ribs were clearly visible through his shirt.

jimin smiled as best as he could through the pain. he opened his mouth, and uttered out two words. "hi, taehyung."

taehyung's eyes widened. "jimin," he whimpered quietly, repeatedly pressing kisses to jimin's hand. "you're alive. oh my god."

jimin let out a soft giggle, for his head hurt too much to say anything else.

"i'm so sorry," taehyung stuttered, letting all of his bottled emotions flood out. his face was so pale; he was in shock from his boyfriend's awakening. "i was so stupid to not believe you, and i was so scared that i was going to lose you and holy shit, i thought that you were dead, and i understand if you can't forgive me because i can't forgive myself either, and i just wish i had believed you and i'm so sorry and i love you so much and i..."

jimin interrupted taehyung's ranting with a soft squeeze of his hand. "it's okay," he murmured. "i love you, okay? i forgive you."

the sentence took an immense amount of energy. his chest was wracked with pain as he began to cough. after fumbling for a bit, jimin pressed a red button which was conveniently placed on the side of his bed. almost immediately, the door flew open, and a bunch of doctors and nurses flew in.

taehyung's stomach dropped again as he was shooed out by a doctor. he pressed another rapid kiss to jimin's hand before being pushed out of the hospital room. he sat down on a blue, plastic chair positioned outside of the room and whipped out his phone, quickly texting the group chat as his leg bounced impatiently.