«6»

a few days had passed by in a blur. jimin was now lying on their measly, ripped up couch, his head comfortably resting on hoseok's stomach as he scrolled through a bunch of cat videos on youtube.

hoseok suddenly shifted, causing jimin to let out a whine. "i'm really craving chinese takeout," hoseok announced, propping himself up on his elbows. "i think we deserve to treat ourselves before classes really begin."

jimin's stomach growled like a lion at the mention of food. "anything other than ramen would be amazing," jimin murmured, his throat suddenly parched and dry. "but we barely have enough money to buy a new pair of socks."

"that's such an over exaggeration," hoseok snorted. "you dyed your hair a couple of days ago. that wasn't very cheap."

"i guess, but we're not exactly living the life of luxury. do these walls even have any paint left on them?"

hoseok's eyes lit up suddenly as he glanced towards the small window, which barely casted any light into the dimly lit room. "actually, i managed to schedule an interview at that one ice cream place," he laughed. "they had said they'd be happy to hire a loyal customer."

jimin raised his eyebrows in sudden interest. "finally! i've been thinking about getting a part time job, too," he smiled, his half-lidded eyes clouding dreamily. "maybe if we both start working, we can finally move out of this hellhole."

"are you sure? you really don't have to," hoseok trailed off quietly, his head slightly tilted.

the only thing keeping jimin and hoseok from being homeless was the small stream of money from hoseok's parents. the college which they had went to was a community college, so it was quite crowded; unfortunately, there had been no extra dormitories left for the two boys, forcing them to rent an apartment themselves.

after a couple of incidences with jimin's family, jimin's parents had completely cut off any communication with their son. jimin winced slightly at the memories, but pushed them to the back of his head.

"i think i'm ready for one. now that i think about it, i really should get a job. i've always had a dream of vacationing in hawaii with a bunch of my friends," jimin added as he quickly ran his hand through his soft, fiery hair before searching up available jobs near him, swiftly tapping in his location.

hoseok nodded, returning his attention to whatever he was looking at on his phone.

"find anything?" hoseok piped in after a few minutes of silence, peering over jimin's shoulder to peek at his phone.

jimin bit his lip, shaking his head uncertainly. "nope. i need some kind of experience for all of these," he said, still scrolling through the seemingly endless list of quirky jobs. "forget it. i could just become a stripp-"

hoseok quickly cut in, whacking jimin with the back of his palm. "definitely not. we'll find you something. there's gotta be a decent job opening at some point, right?"

jimin opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by the sound of a door unlocking and swinging open. "did someone say stripper?" jungkook's familiar voice drifted through the narrow hallway as the door shut.

the young boy dropped the plastic bag which he was carrying on the kitchen counter, panting heavily as he rested his hands on his knees, bent over in exhaustion. "the elevator's broken again. i had to walk all the way up here."

"remind me again why we gave him our extra apartment key," jimin muttered playfully, pushing himself to sit up.

hoseok ignored him, standing up to greet jungkook with a quick hug. "did you get my text message?" he asked, stealing a quick glance at the plastic bag.