Prologue

Prologue

Long ago there was a boy named Peter, he feared growing up too afraid he'd watch as the ones he cared for slowly began going away. Peter was too afraid to grow up and watch as everyone around him faded away. He had never experienced love for someone, he never felt as someone loved him.

His parents told him he had a wild imagination when Peter told them he was going to make an island for other boys that felt as lost as he did. Finally when he turned 18 he left, along with him leaving, he left everything behind, his belongings, his memories, all of it. After days upon searching Peter found an island called Neverland, the place where you don't grow up. He liked it at first but then began to get lonely and as if by wishing, he heard the cries of a boy. Peter rushed to the boy’s aid when seeing the boy curled in a ball.

“Hey it’s okay, my name’s Peter, what’s your’s?” Peter asked getting to the boy’s level. “Don't have one” he mumbled. Peter’s heart sunk at the boy’s words “what would you like to be called?” Peter asked softly. “I don't know” the boy shrugged. “Cad” Peter said “what?” The boy asked looking up at Peter “Short for Cadman, meaning warrior” Peter said softly looking at the boy’s worn out features.

His eyes gray and full of sadness, his face almost ghostly white, his body bruised and cut up. Peter felt a tug of sadness. “What happened?” Peter asked concerned. “Cad” as Peter had given the name to him just shook his head.

“These don't tell you what happened?” The boy said without even arguing. “You got-” Cad cut him off tears in his eyes “yeah, back at home no one really cared for me. They didn't care, kicked me to the streets, left me to fend for myself. It's quite funny the looks people would give me a mix of sadness and pity and the other half disgust and harshness.” Cad laughed before resuming speaking.

“People would laugh and throw things at me. I didn't even have a chance to go to school just because my parents didn't care. I never talked to anyone, I was deemed “mute boy” because I would be so ashamed to speak with everyone against me. This was on going for a few months after awhile I couldn't handle it, I gave up, just wanted to be treated normal. I had heard if I wished upon a star my wish would come true. So one night when I was in a dark alley I looked up to the stars and wished for a better place to go. At first I thought it didn't work. That I was stuck here, but then it was like a sign.”

Cad looked at the water continuing “I felt like I was a bird. I was finally free from a harsh reality. When I got here I opened my eyes it felt like I was in another universe a fairytale even. I felt safe, I felt like I had belonged here.”

Peter was at a loss for words “Cad, i’m so sorry that happened to you. You shouldn't have been treated like that” Peter said quietly “It's over now” Cad said optimistic “what's your story” he asked sitting on a nearby rock.

Peter laughed in shock “No one has ever asked me that. This is new, wow ok. So it all started when I was little every night I would read a book called Peter Pan. The thought of him being this poor lonely boy that only wanted friends, it was rough. The book went on to say that he had these “lost boys” when they arrived Peter welcomed them gave them a home they never had. I felt like that's all I ever wanted.”

Peter laughed to himself before continuing “The thought that if these lost boy’s had some connection to Peter, it was astounding. He made himself and the lost boys this reality that none of them have ever experienced, it made me want to be him almost. He had everything friends who he called the lost boys. He met the love of his life Wendy and he had Tinkerbell. I never had any of that. My parents told me that I had a wild imagination thinking all of this could happen to me. When I became 18 I left everything behind I wanted to adventure. Live the life I never had. That's when I found Neverland, I thought it was fun at first having an island all to myself.

Then I got bored I remember one time I heard if you wished upon a star it was sure to come true. I wished that I had friends that would stay by my side and then you came along as if my wish had been answered”

Cad processed the thought before hugging Peter “We're both free from the harsh realities we once had. Here on Neverland there will be nothing but fun, I'll make sure of it. This island will be for all those who are lost and in need of love and some fun. From now on we will let go of our pasts and live our immortal lives. We will gain nothing but friends and happy memories. We will learn how to love all while being each other's families. Have not a worry in this island we will laugh and smile on this island, look for love, friends, family everything we ever wanted.”

Peter continued “Neverland will bring all those who are lost together as one. They will get the life they've always wanted.” Peter said with a smile as he looked into the water. “Cad, you are now my very first friend I will give you the title of my brave little warrior welcome to Neverland”

Cad smiled hugging Peter close “you saved me Peter, you gave me a friend I can trust and the start of a great family. Thank you” Cad whispered.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Before everyone has a falling out "Cad" is Felix. Later in the story "Cad" will tell Peter his real name. Anyway the Prologue is 1036 words.