Chapter 7

"I know i did you wrong but please can we just go back to what we were?" she said this while stirring her milkshake with a straw.

"It's cool hopefully we will forget about it but Sebastian's death really bumped me out you know!?" Bertha's eyes became blurry.

"He is in a better place now, everything happens for a reason" Lindah tries to console her best friend.

The clouds cluttered and it became chilly, they had to head back to home before the weather became worse. They parted ways and Lindah head back and when she got home the only person in the house was her mom dishing out lunch.

"Did you find Berth?what did she say?" Her mom asked in a concerned tone.

"Everything is fine she will be fine, mom when are you going to give me my student loan money?school is about to start and i have no money to pay for my studies!" she dreadfully lamented.

"Me and your father both have loans which we haven't paid, we might find ourselves living in the streets at this rate " she stopped for a moment when explaining this to Lindah taking a deep breath.

Lindah's parents were  bankrupt and their house was to be confiscated by the bank if their debt was not paid. Her mom would do anything to stop that from happening, she would always say her house was her first love. Her dad had bought it for her when she was enganged to Lindah's father. She had been fighting depression the past weeks and Lindah's student loan was another addition to her problems.

"Look mom am sorry you guys are bankrupt but I really need this, it's my future we are talking about" she took the keys to her room and went upstairs to her room.

After days passed it was time for Lindah to go back to work. She had a sick feeling of going back to the Inn, she knew that things were not going to be the same without a robust, Herculean ripped Sebastian, he was going to be missed by Lindah. She looked at her clock and it was 0413hrs, she had second thoughts about going to work. She collected herself and woke up to prepare for work. She finished early and decided to just leave early to make time for any distractions she would encounter. That move would turn out costly.

As she walked along the road her mom called her to ask her where she was and as she was walking  she couldn't help notice a red pick up truck parked besides a bus stop. There was a man inside it but she could not see him clearly she tried to ignore the sick feeling she had about the car until the car started following her from the back at walking speed.

She had attended the community safety classes conducted by the police and they had taught them that if you want to check if someone is following you or stalking you go around the same block twice and she did that. Things started to become scary as the the pick up truck followed her all the time. It was 0531 hrs and it was still dark if something was to happen to her no one could witness anything.

"Hey you! I told you that you wont run forever" a deep voice came from the car.

As the door opened out came Mattheo, Lindah's heart sank. She drowned in her own fears. Her skin tightened it felt like it would shed, the last person she wanted to see was Mattheo. She knew that something bad was about to happen to her. He grabbed her by her hand roughly  and put his nose against her hair and started smelling it like a deviate pervert.

Back at the station Detective Hargrives was on the morning shift and was still analysing the few pieces of evidence he had. A knock came from the door of his office and it was his partner Detective Shawcross. Things were about to take an incredible turn and very gruesome turn.

"Well Detective i have good news and bad news! Which do you want to hear first?" He came in a long face with two files with him.

"Arrggg Lord, what do you have for me?Start with the good news first!"  Detective Hargrives scratched his receding hair.

" Good news is that i have a two  reports from the medical examiner in subject of the young receptionist who was found decapitated and the kid who was murded at the Inn and found in the genator's room, it proves that  they were killed by the same weapon and you know what that means" he rands about this while approaching detective Hargrives.

"It means we have a serial killer on our hands, we need to get on with it then. Whats the bad news?" He stands up and puts his pen on his pocket.

"The bad news is broken into two,  there is the good part about it and the bad part" he smirks while his at it.

"Quite stalling Shawcross, lives are on the line here!" Hargrives loses his temper for a second.

"We found Frank the genator"he nods his head and shakes his shoulders.

"Wow that's great get him to the interrogation room so we can question him" he smiles and opens up his arms for a hug.

"That's the good part about it the bad part about it is that he is also dead!" His smirk quickly turned into a straight face.

Things just became more and more gruesome. Lindah is trapped against a wall by her stalker Mattheo and the autopsy report shows that there is a serial killer on the lose at the inn to make matters worse Frank the number 1 suspect is found dead! Can Lindah escape from Mattheo's clutches and arrive safely or is it her last encounter with someone. Who is behind all the killings?

Author's note
I hope the story is not confusing you or anything keep on reading you will understand. Thank you😉