Chapter 6

Frank the genator was not to be found anywhere, the police put on flyers. With all this few evidence the detectives listed Mr Frank as their number 1 suspect. His disappearance raised a red flag and to add insult to injury was the bloody mop found at the crime scene.

Breaking News!

"Over the weekend a security guard was found murdered and put in the genator's storage room. The police are asking the citizens of America to help them locate Mr Frank De Mateolli who comes from Italy, he is suspected to have..." The Fox reporter highlighted.

Lindah's mother muted the television and commanded Lindah to quit her job at the Inn as it was too dangerous to work there. Lindah rejected the woes her mother was commanding. She pointed out that if Frank was the murderer and had now disappeared it meant that the place was safe now.

The Inn had now two murder cases to crack open, the receptionist who was found murdered and a security guard who was found in a genator's storage room. Both murders happened in the same place in a phase of 3 months. The Inn was becoming a sadistic place to go to, it was now losing more visitors. The detectives continued with interrogation of workers at the Inn and started with Bertha.

"Where were you on the night of Friday?" Detective Hargrives asked with a deep American accent.

"I was at my party at home" Bertha replied in a disrespectful tone

"When was the last time you saw Mr Sebastian?was he at your party?" He put his pen on the table and crossed his arms.

"Yes,he was at my party duh! i saw him many times' she slapped her hand against her forehead and rolled her eyes.

She did not want to tell the detectives that she was betrayed by her best friend who kissed Sebastian and she did not want to state her feelings about Sebastian. Because it would give her motive to kill Sebastian and that would make her a possible suspect.

"Okay now, i want you to tell me what was missing at the Inn, you are responsible for the records am i right?" He asks this taking off his glasses.

"Yes am responsible for them, actually at first we actually thought there was nothing missing but yesterday we found out that the safe was missing money, $2500" she carefully nervously explained this part.

The detectives noted the missing money and now had a motive for murder, which in someway it pointed to robbery. Was it a passion killing or just a robbery gone wrong? It was the question the detectives were asking themselves. They cleared Bertha out and she exited the interrogation room.

When Bertha left the room she bumbed into Lindah at the gate. It was the first time they talked ever since the party. It was a strange encounter Bertha did not expect.

"Hey Berth, i went to your house to check you and you were not there" Lindah started the conversation in an apologetic tone.

"Well unlike some people we have real jobs and errands to rand" she replied with the i dont care notion.

"Well your mom told me you were here and i came here, i just want to apologise and i know this whole Sebastian thing bumped you up and i wanted us to go get some milkshakes and talk about this " she continued to be apologetic.

She wanted to make things right that was one of her personal trait making things right. Lindah hated senseless violence and senseless tension so she wanted to clear the air especially with her best friend thats how sweet she was.

"Am hurt to be honest but am not  loving this this tension between us, i just cant believe you betrayed me but its cool we will go, i have to drop this check at the bank first" she replied in a sad note.

"I know am sorry, can we just go please" she lamented.

Back at the Detectives office, the detectives were discussing the case analysing each and every aspect of the interrogation and evidence they had from the crime scene.

"I think Bertha knows something, she is hiding something" said detective Hargrives.

"Why do you think so?" Detective Shawcross asked curiously.

"Well Sebastian was at her house before the murder on the night of the murder, and suddenly in the morning he is discovered dead. To make matters worse she claims that money was missing from the safe. Take a look at the safe" he slides the photo towards Detective Shawcross.

"What about it?its just a digital lock safe" he asks as if detective Hargrives is insane.

"Thats a new model safe and its not digital thats a fingerprint lock safe, its configured to one fingerprint which is Bertha's fingerprints" the veteran detective explains thoroughly.

"But such safes can be hacked, where are you going with this?" Shawcross asked in a puzzled tone.

"That is what she wants you to believe, not only does it need fingerprints it needs a 6 digit code, which eliminates the possibility of anyone opening it but her" Hargrives strongly points out.

Everything became confusing now. Did Bertha murder Sebastian out of her emotion and made it look like it was a robbery gone wrong?or is Frank the genator who fled the scene?

Author's note
Please comment and tell me how far am going with this story. What i should improve after all your comments matter. Catch out my next chapter 😉ciao