Chapter 5

The body lied lifeless it was pale like it had been tossed in a bowl of flour. The smell of blood dispersed across the genator's storage room. Her tears met at the rendezvous point, her scream echoed along the Inn. It was a scene she never wanted to encounter in her life.

Her scream was heard by a visitor in the Inn who had just knocked in. He came running towards her with shock, the first time he saw the corpse he stop instantly and fell backwards.

"Call 911...call it now!Please i beg you call 911" Lindah whipped and hauled in her miseries.

"Okay..okay okay!"the man replied with rugged fingers shaking frequently.

The police instantly came in subject to the homicide. Forensic detectives availed to the crime scene, the Inn was to be closed for two weeks until all evidence was collected. The detectives in charge of the Homicide was Detective Shawcross and Detective Hargrives, with small evidence at hand they had to come up with a way to uncover the truth behind the murder.

The first thing they did was to look around the Innto see if there was any breaking and entering or robbery. They scoped all the possible entries in the Inn and all the present people on the night of the murder. But nothing came, all they had was a body in a pool of blood and two people who discovered the crime scene which was Lindah and a visitor who surprisingly checked in the Inn in the morning,they were labelled as suspects.

"We have a male and female suspect who to me i believe one of them might know something." Detective Hargrives notified his companion to the case.

"I would say the visitor, whats his name again..Mr Wesmore.. yeah i think his story doesn't add up maybe he had just come from hiding the murder weapon and all the evidence" Detective Shawcross scratched his head.

"We just send the body to the medical examiner so we still don't know the cause of death, lets just wait for the results to come out" Hargrives threw a suggestion on the table while sipping a cup of coffee.

"I say we interrogate our suspects and everyone who might know something about the homicide" Detective Shawcross  spreads his hands out and momentarily lifts his shoulder in a questionable gesture.

"Okay lets do it!" Hargrives slams his hand on the table and stands up.

When Lindah was called for questioning she was asked a series of questions of her whereabouts on the night of the murder and what she saw in the morning and people she met on her way in the Inn.

She told them she was at work at which she forgot her lucky pouch,attended her friends party and went home after that. She then came early to get her lucky pouch. She notified the detectives that the only person she saw that morning was Frank the genator who did not have his mop with him.

"Looking at it I never saw him that day he disappeared into thin air it looked like he was knocking off work" she thought out loud.

"So what you are telling us is that you suspect Mr Frank to be the person behind the murder?is that what you are saying Miss Oldsworth?" Hargrives asked Lindah vividly.

"Am not saying he did am just saying he was looking unusual " she nervously pointed out.

With that information it was time to label Frank as a possible suspect of the murder. Looking at the whole case everything now pointed at Frank, he always carried around a mop which he was not carrying that day and was later found at the crime scene and what was worse was he was no where to be found. Was Frank the killer if he was then why did he murder Sebastian, its the question detectives were asking themselves.

Author's note
I need your comments to help me find a way of improving my skills and weakness so hit the comment section and complain or compliment. Thanks😉